Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

OK...Someone please clarify what "fragile skin" really is while on Accutane

I mean some people on this board have said that laying down on the pillow the wrong way can cause you to scar while on accutane. Is it really this fragile? I scar easily now but i think its just cause i used to pop my pimples with such intensity. I never really got the memo from anyone to be gentle until a couple months ago. I hadnt gone to a derm before that in about 9 months cause i was on proactiv so i figured i didnt need to go to the derm. Anyways my point is, how fragile is the skin really while on accutane?

I made that post about that pillow. Honestly, it's because my pillow is flat and I sleep weird. And the only place you risk of getting them is around you eyes (Or maybe I'm the only one like this). They go away...eventually.

ok thanks for ur opinion, i just was wondering cause like i only get scars from popping whiteheads, is there any other way to get them?

ok thanks for ur opinion, i just was wondering cause like i only get scars from popping whiteheads, is there any other way to get them?

Yes, if you pretty much do anything to damage the skin. I don't know, if all depends. Let's say someone poked you pretty hard with a pin, right on the cheek. That's most likely going to leave a scar. Scars heal, man. It's part of the accutane process.

It seems to thin out so that something you'd normally tolerate breaks the skin. I somehow managed to peel up the top layer of the skin on my nose with a minor scratch of my fingernail. If you get, say, your eyebrows waxed, there's a good chance that the top layer of skin will come right off along with the hair. Your skin gets pretty fragile.