Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

POLL: Which OTC products have broken you out the worst?

Clearasil face wash. What the hell is that stuff? Its like a cream with grains of sand in it. Also it doesn't foam, so it doesn't feel like its cleansed properley... yeah that stuff really broke me out.

1. cetaphil gentle cleanser

2. paula's choice skin balancing moisture gel

3. Eucerin q10 cream for sensitive skin

4. Spectrojel cleanser

how did cetaphil gentle cleanser break you out? that stuff is probably the best thing out there. it doesnt have anything at all in it that can cause break outs...it might not be enough to prevent them, but its not gonna cause them.

Noxema products broke me out horribly.

And those Oxy Pads, or any of the pads from Clearasil or Neutrogena ... they just made my face worse!

Oh oh, and Panoxyl! It broke me out in a rash all over my cheeks! :doubt:

1. cetaphil gentle cleanser

2. paula's choice skin balancing moisture gel

3. Eucerin q10 cream for sensitive skin

4. Spectrojel cleanser

how did cetaphil gentle cleanser break you out? that stuff is probably the best thing out there. it doesnt have anything at all in it that can cause break outs...it might not be enough to prevent them, but its not gonna cause them.

im more confused on how spectro jel broke him out.. its the best cleanser ive ever used.. cetaphil does contain sodium laureth sulfate which is very irritating to a lot of people.

the old formula contains alcohol, so perhaps it's too irritating and harsh.

don't get me wrong. i LOVE spectro jel. it's also the best cleanser i've ever used. and new formula is alcohol-free, can't wait to try!!! :)

Neutragena Oil-Free Acne Wash and that one Clearasil Face Wash..I forgot exactly what it was called...

Neutragena Oil-Free Acne Wash and that one Clearasil Face Wash..I forgot exactly what it was called...

I think it's just plain old Clearasil Face wash... It broke me out too :doubt:

Guest funky_monkey

that is what really helped clear me! lol

Big massive vote for Clinique 3 step. Must have had more money than sense when I bought that. Awful stuff.

Several of Neutrogena's products have broken me out... The only one I can use is the On-the-Spot treatment.

Have to agree about the Clearasil cleanser, as well. I used it once for a week or two, and my skin went, "Whoa, wtf?" Not a pretty reaction at all.