Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I don't use a concealer but I want to start. I want something that will cover up pimples and won't smudge and look caked on. I'v heard that MAC's concealers are good. Anything would be appreciated. thanks.

I absolutely love concealer... i dont know what i did before I started using it... I learned to use it when I was in modeling..... ok.. here is something i find that a lot of people dont already know.. there are different colors to do different things.... A yellow concealer is used for under your eyes and such... while a green concealer is used to cover red... They also make concealer that is matched to your skin tone, and from my expirence they arent as good...

For concealer I just go to CVS and buy the Maybelline brand... it looks like a tube of lipstick but its green. Some people go out and spend tons of money on it, but I have found that (with the right foundation) it really doesnt matter.

To put it on, just apply it over any redness you want to hide, then apply foundation over it. When you blend the foundation it will blend the concealer as well... I have found that bledning the concealer before putting on foundation is pointless, u just end up wiping it all off..

Hope I could help!

:wub:

I use clinique concealer, it is awesome stuff. I believe that buying a quality concealer with a more finely milled substance is actually much more beneficial than just getting a drugstore brand. It goes on much smoother and virtually flawless looking compared to its drugstore counterparts. And IMO, it really isn't TOO much more expensive, and lasts a long time...... $15 cdn. (I have it in a tone to match my skin colour and it's lovely, I use it on any and all spides that need hiding, as well as under my eyes) Also, just to mention as for other makeup ie. mascara, lipgloss.. I really don't think it makes a difference where or what brand you decide to purchase. They are all so similar.

I have yet to use a green or yellow concealer that does what it says it will do. If anyone knows of a really quality brand, let me know and i'm more than willing to give it a try!

P.S

With the RIGHT concealer, I think you will find that you don't NEED to wear foundation, unless it's a special occasion etc. And it is much healthier for your skin, let it breathe people.

Again, my opinion.

:)

oh ya,

i forgot to mention .. If I'm having a foundation day, I always blend my foundation first, then apply the concealer under eyes, and on my spots, this way, I find that I don't need to use as much of it plus it makes for a more flawless looking finish.

Hoped this helped you in some fasion.

;)

Guest Tenshi

another tip is don't go for the lighter concealer for under your eyes..i've noticed the same skin tone works better.

I got 2 concealers, one green for the redmarks (physician's formula) and the other one is yellow (cargo)

Both of them are pretty good concealers

I got 2 concealers, one green for the redmarks (physician's formula) and the other one is yellow (cargo)

Both of them are pretty good concealers

Hmm, I have these two as well, unfortunately they don't go on smoothly for me... and end up looking a little caked (not the look i'm going for)

:(

it's too bad, because I really wanted to like these too.

1. Mac Studio finish is a staple of mine. I have used it for years with zero problems.

2. Estee Lauder: Smoothing cream concealer also works very well.

Good luck.

Thanks all! Y'all are such sweethearts! :D

I don't need concealer to cover under eye circle or anything. I just need it for mainly pimples. I hate it how sometimes I borrow my sis's cover girl stick concealer and I dab it on the pimple them put foundation over it and then the concealer smudges off and makes the area around the pimple look caked and then the pimple ends up looking red and stands out even more. :shifty:

another tip is don't go for the lighter concealer for under your eyes..i've noticed the same skin tone works better.

why? :think:

1. Mac Studio finish is a staple of mine. I have used it for years with zero problems.

Same here. :cool:

Used with MAC's 194 brush, result= flawless. :cool:

I just started using MAC's studio finish. No breakouts at all, and I use this over half of my right cheek! (I have lots of red marks there, and it looks better just to put the concealer over the area than it does to try and blend it in a bunch of little spots.) I've had some difficulties blending effectively, but I'm sure that has more to do with my utter incompetence with this type of concealer and the fact that I've been too cheap/lazy to go back to the store and buy a concealer brush and just apply it with the brush that came in a compact of clinique concealer that I bought in high school.