Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest PokaHotAz

Accutane 20 mg

Guest PokaHotAz

hey guys

i dont much about accutane ...

and i was just wondering if anyone was on 20 mg? and if so did u see any difference? were u brought down from a higher dosage? how long have u been on 20 mg? experiencing any side effects? how bad is ur acne? u take a 20 mg pill everyday? just curious :)

thanx ya'll :D

I started my accutane round on 20mgs/day. I didn't see any difference on that dose. But I was only on it for one month. Then upped to 40mgs/day.

I was severe. I didn't see anyside effects in my one month on tane. Just a a little fatigue in the first 2-3 days.

The first three months of my current course were on 20mg a day, and i was quite suprised to see astounding improvement from moderate/severe cystic acne that was quite widespread. By the time she increased my dose i was almost completely clear. You can follow the link to my log in my sig if you'd like more details on how the course is progressing.

Guest PokaHotAz

oooh nice lil log u got there "beentheredonethat"

i got a question for ya... i generally do a the atkins diet ...meaning i eat fatty foods with protein and restrict on carbs ... my cholesterol is down(or so i believe) , but do u think that if i were to get on accutane id have to give up my diet and change it for a "normal" one? :think:

just want info, to know what to expect if i decided to take this route

You could stay on that diet if it's working for you and your bloodwork is alright. The meal you take your Accutane dose with needs to have sufficient fat for absorption, but that should be easy to accomplish on an Atkins-type diet.

i strated on 20mg for 4 months saw no improvement in mild/mod acne. then i got upped to 60mg and had a breakout but i think i needed 60mg to clear me up. it depends wot u weigh as its ideal to have 1-1.5mg/kg of budy weight. i weighed bout 55kg so my derm said 60mg was the max i was getting

Guest PokaHotAz

im sorry guys... but can we speak pounds here? im like, retarded n stuff ... help a girlie out

lets say u weigh 115 lbs? :D

Guest PokaHotAz

i hated math lol.. i barely passed working my ass off.. i dont remember any of that stuff... triangles , metric system, equations n shit ...oooh i feel a head ache coming.. someone help lol

im sorry guys... but can we speak punds here? im like, retarded n stuff ... help a girlie out

lets say u weigh 115 lbs? :D

115 pounds==52.16 kilograms :)

So, you'd be taking ~52.16->78.24mg (based on the 1.0->1.5mg for each kg)

So, you'd be taking ~52.16->78.24mg (based on the 1.0->1.5mg for each kg)

Wha? :wacko:

I guess that is the "max" that you can take -- it depends on your weight.

Guest PokaHotAz

:wacko: lol wtf... does that mean?!!! omg! im such a retard

so basically 80 mg a day? because i weigh 115? wow...i think thats what it means not sure

So you're supposed to take 1 mg for every pound you weigh? So i'm supposed to take 105 mg of accutane? That seems like a lot.

Guest PokaHotAz

so 1.5 multiplied by 78.24 ... how much is that people? that still seems like a shit load of accutane :wacko:

:wacko: lol wtf... does that mean?!!! omg! im such a retard

so basically 80 mg a day? because i weigh 115? wow...i think thats what it means not sure

It depends. From what I gather, they start you out low, then go a bit higher. I am ~145lbs and I started out with 40mg/day, but they will be switching me to 60mg:day. I have heard of some people taking 80mg:day, which falls into the 1.5mg:pound ratio.

So you're supposed to take 1 mg for every pound you weigh? So i'm supposed to take 105 mg of accutane? That seems like a lot.

No, that is 1mg for every kilogram. 1 kilogram is equal to 2.2 pounds.

u should prob have at least 60 mg a day -severe cases can get 2mg/kg. i weigh 55kg or around 120lbs and i was on 60mg for most

Those of you who are metric challenged, here's a handy website:

http://www.convert-me.com/en/

Choose weight and mass as the category, scroll down to the second section and enter your weight in Avoirdupois (U.S. units). Hit the convert button and it converts the measurement to all those different units. Scroll up to the top section to find kilograms.

hey guys

and i was just wondering if anyone was on 20 mg? and if so did u see any difference? were u brought down from a higher dosage? how long have u been on 20 mg? experiencing any side effects? how bad is ur acne? u take a 20 mg pill everyday? just curious :)

im on 20mg a day, bin on it 9 days now and have verrrrry dry face! can't even smile... not that i would cuz i hate myself, but ah wellz

hey guys

im on 20mg a day, bin on it 9 days now and have verrrrry dry face! can't even smile... not that i would cuz i hate myself, but ah wellz

:comfort:

Those of you who are metric challenged, here's a handy website:

http://www.convert-me.com/en/

Choose weight and mass as the category, scroll down to the second section and enter your weight in Avoirdupois (U.S. units). Hit the convert button and it converts the measurement to all those different units. Scroll up to the top section to find kilograms.

Or just use google!

Just type 167lbs in kg or any other way.

I'm on 20mg/day of Isotroin. Been on it for maybe 2 weeks. Gone from ~2-6 active whiteheads at any one time to 0 as I speak right now. I just have 2 blemishes of recently active spots.

Lower back pain after first dose, but since then just mildly dry lips, but not a great deal worse then what I would normally have. I'm not oily mcfuckingoily either anymore :)

Fingers crossed it stays.