Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
A2008

Starting...

Well, I've just started yesterday my Regimen with Neutrogena cleansing bar, Neutrogena Moisturizer (non-comedogenic and with 30 FPS UVA/UVB) and Benzac AC 2,5%. I use the BP only at nights until next wednesday. Not using much. I apply moisturizer twice daily, in the morning and evening routine. I have noted nothing yet but, ok, I have just started. :)

Questions:

- My face gets very oily during the day but the Regimen has just two times to wash my face. What else can I do to take out oil?

- My problem areas are all the face considering that I can have breakouts in every place BUT fro a month or so I only have breakouts (hard ones) on the down cheeks. Should I cover all my face with the BP?

- Last one: I sleep from side to side. Half an hour or so left then right, then left... The pillow would irritate my face? Isn't a way to sleep as I'm used to sleep without irritating too much?

Waiting 4 answers... _

whatever you do don't overwash. i have been tempted to wash around 4 in the afternoon because of the excessive oil but resist the urge. i used to over wash and have breakouts. now i follow the regimen to the tee and it works. in my 3rd week with clear chin and upper lip. amazing.

i only apply in problem areas but was questioning the all over thing too??

i also sleep on my face. change your pillowcase often and wash them in hot water to kill any bacteria.

good luck

Well, I've just started yesterday my Regimen with Neutrogena cleansing bar, Neutrogena Moisturizer (non-comedogenic and with 30 FPS UVA/UVB) and Benzac AC 2,5%. I use the BP only at nights until next wednesday. Not using much. I apply moisturizer twice daily, in the morning and evening routine. I have noted nothing yet but, ok, I have just started. :)

Questions:

- My face gets very oily during the day but the Regimen has just two times to wash my face. What else can I do to take out oil?

- My problem areas are all the face considering that I can have breakouts in every place BUT fro a month or so I only have breakouts (hard ones) on the down cheeks. Should I cover all my face with the BP?

- Last one: I sleep from side to side. Half an hour or so left then right, then left... The pillow would irritate my face? Isn't a way to sleep as I'm used to sleep without irritating too much?

Waiting 4 answers... _

Welcome. I'm a new member, too. I'm beginning the 4th day of the regimen. What an improvement. Monday, I was so upset. The old breakout was irritated and red, and I could feel a new one beneath the surface. I was using lots of product with salicylic acid and was washing up to 5 times a day. This is Thursday, I'm washing NO MORE THAN 3x/day (yeah, I cheat a bit, but I'm a make-up wearer and need to freshen up) and otherwise follow the routine precisely. As of today, the old breakout has healed and is flaking off. The new breakout subsided. The skin appears calm and smooth except for the few flaky patches and two very small whiteheads. It is vastly improved, so hang in there. Even if you can hold to it for a few days, you will see a radical improvement.

I am using BP all over the affected areas. Previously I treated only the spots, but as I understand it, I need to address the entire area. Also, regarding your pillow, can you just wash your cases daily? I'm a side/stomach sleeper as well. If the sheets are soft, white and clean, maybe it won't be so irritating...?

Good luck to you.

PS--I struggle with back acne. Much more difficult. Any ideas out there that are working?

Ok, things get better. The last breakouts begin to subside. I'll try NOT to wash in the afternoon, just two times, if is okay for my face, why shouldn't I follow the Regimen entirely? I'll wash the pillow sheet every morning :wacko: I'm also trying to put the pillow from my neck to my head but living my cheeks in the air. It works, but's quite uncomfortable.