Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shadowman

TCA CROSS?

I have a few scars on my back and alot of redmarks just wondered can the tca 100% be applied all over my back instead of just 1 scar at a time. I want to use this all over my back because I have alot of redmarks and scars.

The way TCA CROSS works is it is only applied to indented scars. If you don't know this you should do some more reading before you try anything so the answer to your question is NO. 100% TCA should not be applied to good skin.

Yes. please please do more research. You'll kill yourself and not be able to sit or sleep for 2 years if you do what you say you want to do.

I have researched it and it say's to use on scars mostly ice pick scars and it is applied with a sharpend wooden aplicator pressed onto the scar untill it turns frosty colour. I read it all but I have scars all over so what does that mean? I can't treat all of my scars on my back they are all over just about. I have used Glycolic Acid 50% before but only reduced it a little bit I want to use TCA 100% CROSS.

I have researched it and it say's to use on scars mostly ice pick scars and it is applied with a sharpend wooden aplicator pressed onto the scar untill it turns frosty colour. I read it all but I have scars all over so what does that mean? I can't treat all of my scars on my back they are all over just about. I have used Glycolic Acid 50% before but only reduced it a little bit I want to use TCA 100% CROSS.

shadowman, you obviously haven't done much research on this.

TCA CROSS is the focal application of higher strength TCA to scars on the FACE ONLY.

it is strong stuff and should not be used as a full area peel, nor should you use it on your back.

It's obvious you really want to do something about the scars on your back, but you're barking up the wrong tree as far as TCA CROSS is concerned.

I think TCA can be used on the back. The problem is that 100% is too potent to use for anything other than a focal treatment. You could seriously end up permanently damaging a large area of the skin. Plus, most of us know that resurfacing (like a peel over a large area) in of itself will do little for indented scars, even if it is a high % of acid. You could end up causing more damage than good. The most effective way to lessen scars is to raise the individual scars up first, one by one.

Shadowman, there is a HUGE difference between AHA's and TCA. Aha's do not penetrate the dermis, whereas TCA does....especially 100% TCA. I had a 35% full face tca peel and I had to have a shot to endure the pain. 100% tca on your back would almost cripple you.

BTW...there is a young man here (somebody help me recall who he is!) who has been using glycolic peels with copper peptides on his badly scarred back with good results. This is something maybe you should consider.