Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ihaveacneonmywonka

Mineral powder advice.

Hi,

I was wondering what advice anyone had to make mineral makeup look as natural as possible, with as less flakes as possible. Whats the best way to exfoliate so that flaking is out of the question. I have already started using Jojobo oil as a moisturiser and I hope that will reduce the flaking a little, but proper exfoilating is needed as well I think.

Thanks.

I'm sort of new to mineral makeup, and my my skin type sucks. I tried the makeup after flaking from using Proactiv and it was a nightmare. I think you have to get your skin flake free and pretty well moisturized for the makeup to go on smoothly. I did notice that the more you use it, you get used to it and you get better at it.

mineral makeup was tricky for me to learn how to use. liquid is easier because you can just blend, and basically you're done. with mineral (i have bare essentials) you have to use just the right amount, but be sure to especially no to over do it. be sure to moisturize & exfoliate because highlights any dry skin pretty quicky. i find it works better on the less bumpy parts of my skin not affected by acne much, forehead, cheeks... but it's way better for your skin than liquid foundation so i'm also still learning how to use it. i think it's really just a matter of playing around with it. don't forget, you can also check out bare essentials website for for application information.

Ok I ordered some samples of foundation from www.lilylolo.co.uk, and they are here i got 2 samples and a kinda of foam applicator to take excess foundation away (not sure how useful its going to be I have tried it yet, but my guesses are not very as the foundations going to stick to the skin and when this goes over it it will probably flake it up more) but I'll see how itgoes and post results.