Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Inty

K. I'm starting to have thoughts about death...

I hadn't put any acne products on my face for aboute 4 months because all they ever did was make my chin and nose super red. I used just water for these months and the redness on my nose went down but i still had a zillion blackheads and a fucked up cherry red chin. Now last night i thought i'd try some facial cream for the first time in ages. So i used this Apricot Facial Cream Stuff with a little bit of SA in it. I woke up the next morning (today) with a super oily face but loadsa wierd yellowy wet/peeling like scabs or scales or something and another the peels my skin was really red. On top of that, loadsa new spots came up.

And now, i'm contemplating suicide. Acne has got the better of me.

NO! ACNE IS NOT THAT MUCH OF A BIG DEAL1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WILL CLEAR UP IN TIME AND YOU WILL PROBABLY GROW OUT OF IT (I NO AGE OLD SAYING!) SEE YOUR DR IF YOUR THAT BOTHERED

I hadn't put any acne products on my face for aboute 4 months because all they ever did was make my chin and nose super red. I used just water for these months and the redness on my nose went down but i still had a zillion blackheads and a fucked up cherry red chin. Now last night i thought i'd try some facial cream for the first time in ages. So i used this Apricot Facial Cream Stuff with a little bit of SA in it. I woke up the next morning (today) with a super oily face but loadsa wierd yellowy wet/peeling like scabs or scales or something and another the peels my skin was really red. On top of that, loadsa new spots came up.

And now, i'm contemplating suicide. Acne has got the better of me.

i really hope youre not serious about suicide!please please please if youre feeling that low go get some help!

you cant let acne beat you there are so many more aspects to you!

before you do anything that'll put your family through agony, how about visiting a derm? i know it's hard to deal with. i believe most ppl on this site have felt what you're feeling at some time or another. hang in there.

sorry to hear that. :comfort:

what did he/she prescribe to you?

if anyhting, don't give up. there is always something that works for each of us.

Sometimes you've gotta say fuck it to topicals. Topical medication NEVER worked for me. sometimes you have to work on it from the inside. Have you tried B5? I know it doesn't work for everyone....also, retinol based topicals...yeah, its a topical, but the medicine works under the skin. Like green cream. If you start mild, it won't make you red. Anything you go overboard on will trash your skin. Anyway, the only thing that originally cured me is accutane. But now I have adult acne, and I'm trying these methods and getting results (at least with the b5 so far).

Damn the nature of this disease - fucked if you do use acne stuff, and definatly fucked if you don't.

*hugs* Hang in there. Pam has some good advice.

Inty,

Please don't do that.... I know the feeling, but it is not worth your life. Have you tried cetaphil products?

I have extremely sensitive skin, and almost anything other than makes me develop a really weird bizzare sort of reaction, AND breaks me out in cysts.

let me know.

A

Definately NOT worth it. I have the same problem with prescribed topicals. I've gotten worse over time, because acne shows up on the surface, but it starts internally and I never thought of it that way. I used benzacline most recently and it made me breakout worse then ever and thats how I ended up on this site. But since then, I haven't used any topicals, started taking zinc and other supplements, and used my acne lightbox and my acne is healing up well. So look into other ways to fight it. Remember suicide is unforgivable. And how old are you if you don't mind me asking?

And I hope this doesn't make anyone mad, I'm not trying to push anything on anyone. But this is one of my favorite passages.

'No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.'

1 Corinthians 10:13

A tip which I have learned from experience: Avoid staying inside all day and thinking about it. Instead, go do something you love, and just fucking forget the acne. Nobody notices nearly as much as we do about ourselves.

AND, when you defeat acne once and for all, (you WILL) you can be extremely proud that you made it through, and you will be glad that you didn't kill yourself. You can remember for the rest of your life that you WENT THROUGH the pain that few have, you endured the suffering, and you're a better person because of it. Come out proud, not dead.

A tip which I have learned from experience: Avoid staying inside all day and thinking about it. Instead, go do something you love, and just fucking forget the acne. Nobody notices nearly as much as we do about ourselves.

AND, when you defeat acne once and for all, (you WILL) you can be extremely proud that you made it through, and you will be glad that you didn't kill yourself. You can remember for the rest of your life that you WENT THROUGH the pain that few have, you endured the suffering, and you're a better person because of it. Come out proud, not dead.

Amazingly said. :clap: