Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I stumbled across this on makeup alley, and was pretty surprised by it. Clearisil is one of those drugstore brands that I never pay much attention to, but the clearisil ultra spot treatment cream seems to be getting some pretty good reviews. Seems like the stuff really does kill cysts...

Here's the link:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....Clearasil_Ultra

Anybody tried this stuff? It might be worth a try just for spot treating stubborn pimples.

It's a great OTC product, except it doesn't get rid of the red color. It makes your pimples flatter, but the color still remains.

i love it to. i think it works great.

gravity... for redness use neosporen if u have a day or two. also try this.. put an ice cube on for 5 min, take off for 5 min. put back on for 5 min then put on visine (for eyes) on the pimple, the red should go right away. let me know.. hope this helps

Isn't clearasil ultra a new line of products by clearasil, rather than one product? I see several clearasil ultra products in stores. I had the "scar care" kit or whatever. It had a cleanser, a "soothing" moisturizer, and a scar cream for night. The cleanser and moisturizer were fragranced and irritated my skin, and the scar cream seemed like snake oil. I'm back to the old Clearasil Cleanser for Sensitive Skin. I got Equate's version of Mederma but I haven't used it too consistantly. My derm put me on retin-a for light, superficial acne scarring on my cheeks. They're still there though.

Clearasil Ultra is 10% BP with 5% glycolic acid.

Dan does not recommend a 10% BP, but I really like this product a lot. I use it with a heavy duty moisturizer. It really works. You must use a potent moisturizer over it though.

Clearasil Ultra is 10% BP with 5% glycolic acid.

Dan does not recommend a 10% BP, but I really like this product a lot. I use it with a heavy duty moisturizer. It really works. You must use a potent moisturizer over it though.

Yeah I've always liked 10% BP even though it's pretty strong. I tolerate it well with a moisturizer...I haven't tried this new Clearasil Ultra, I like Zapzyt.

I stumbled across this on makeup alley, and was pretty surprised by it. Clearisil is one of those drugstore brands that I never pay much attention to, but the clearisil ultra spot treatment cream seems to be getting some pretty good reviews. Seems like the stuff really does kill cysts...

Here's the link:

http://makeupalley.com/product/showreview....Clearasil_Ultra

Anybody tried this stuff? It might be worth a try just for spot treating stubborn pimples.

So far the best bp I've used is zapzyt.

well, i caved and bought this stuff today. i have pretty tough skin and think that maybe 10% BP is just what I need to finally zap some of the more stubborn spots on my face. the stuff promises "clearer skin in 3 days" so we will see. The people on the makeup alley reviews seem to agree that it really does work in 3 days. Plus, I did NOT know this but this stuff has glycolic acid in it too! I had no clue about that until after I bought it. I doubt this stuff will be a miracle, but I have high hopes that it will help. I'll keep all of you updated. I have it on my face right now... it feels pretty good on. Actually feels MUCH better than my benzaclin which leaves a nasty crinkley white layer on the top of my skin :confused: I always HATED the way it made my skin feel. This stuff sinks in and and feels pretty smooth though. It stung pretty bad when I first put it on but now it's fine. The stinging almost makes me think it's working better, or penetrating deeper...

Anyway, so far so good but I'll let you all know how it turns out!

according to the clearasil website "Clearasil Ultra" has the active ingredients Salicylic Acid 2% and some ""NORMASEB" - a blend of milk proteins that regulates exfoliation and sebum production and restores balance to skin". not much 10% BP in that?

Well this marks my second full day of using the stuff about twice a day and I do notice an improvement. (knock on wood!) Just so you all know, I was using benzaclin every night... but oddly enough this stuff seems to work much better for me. I guess my skin is just very resiliant, and needs a stronger concentration of BP? It definitely stings when it goes on, but it really seems to be working. So strange that after trying so many prescriptions, and buying $30 dermalogica face products that my clearing right now is due to an $8 tube of clearisil and $6 clean and clear face wash..... oh, and to the poster above me: you must be looking at a different clearasil product. The one I'm using is definitely BP, not SA.

Let's hope that this clearing keeps up. :)

Update: it's been 6 days since my last post and WOW! this stuff is working better than anything i've ever used. I really can't believe that such a simple product that has been around for so long could be making so much difference. I had been on benzaclin for the longest time, and it doesn't even compare for me....

I have hardly had any new breakouts and my skin tone is beginning to even out, and red marks are fading away. I can feel this stuff working when i put it on... it definitely stings a little bit and feels like it's getting to the core of the infection. But oddly enough, even though it's 10% BP, it's not drying me out AT ALL! My skin feels so healthy. As an added note, I've also been using clean&clear 2% salicylic acid continuous control acne cleanser. I think the combo of 2% SA and 10% BP is really working for my skin. I have noticed that right after i wash my face with the SA, parts of my skin just peel off, especially old red marks, and this has been making my skin tone even out a lot. I LOVE this stuff! I hope it doesn't stop working! I had very low expectations, and i am so surprised! I just think it's so weird that this stuff works better than prescription benzaclin.... but i'm not complaining....

I used to use that stuff a while back. it works amazingly and i had big painful cyst. But then by the time i went out and brought another tube, it just messed up my face like woah.

Guest Fraser

The one sold in the uk contains salicylic acid, the one in the us has bp. I used the uk one and it was pretty good but imo the clearasil ultra scrub is nothing less than the work of satan- the irritation it caused was extreme.