Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
johnburke

Are these "red marks left after acne"?

Posted

Will these scar?

Posted

im a girl and them marks wouldnt bother me if i liked the guy so dont worry bout colledge.... just dont go for one night stands get to know the girls and i promise it wont ba an issue

Posted

red hyperpigmentation don't scar, they fade with time

but the period varies person to person, and what you do with them

it might take 1 week or 1 year...

it is difficult to see if there are any scars on your skin...feel it and see if the skin is smooth or not, if there are any indents...

you could try exfoliating your skin to hasten the fading of red marks

have a look at this thread

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=55414

also using AHA might help

hope it works for u!!

Posted

IMO exfoliating makes marks worse. Marks fade not because of shedding skin but from healing. Exfoliating would really just prolong marks.

Posted

IMO exfoliating makes marks worse. Marks fade not because of shedding skin but from healing. Exfoliating would really just prolong marks.

alright, what about the proactive + emu oil thing?

and the the 2nd reply....yeah they dont go deep or anything but just the general shape totally looks like they will....to me anyway

Posted

dont get whitehaeds..and is your face oily

Posted

dont get whitehaeds..and is your face oily

no...but it is after putting emu oil on it...heh

as you can see..........it kinda ruins me

Posted

Hey you have a very good looking face actually :D

don't stress, those definitely will not leave any scars. they typically take weeks or months to fade, but as another poster mentioned, exfoliation can speed up the healing process many, many times. You may want to start out with a 'facial brush' and cetaphil gentle skin cleansing bar. what kind of stuff are you using right now? if you give me an idea I can tell you exactly what to buy-then you should start seeing visible results every day. thanx for replying...

also james, you're right. when I examine your pics I can tell that you have superficial acne-it's mostly blackheads and clogged pores. Those two are something that exfoliation takes care of the fastest-people with cysts usually need to wait 2 months before all their acne clears. however I've had people who sent me pics of skin like yours, who followed my advice and were 100% clear with no acne, blackheads or red marks in less than a month.

Posted

Hey you have a very good looking face actually :D

don't stress, those definitely will not leave any scars. they typically take weeks or months to fade, but as another poster mentioned, exfoliation can speed up the healing process many, many times. You may want to start out with a 'facial brush' and cetaphil gentle skin cleansing bar. what kind of stuff are you using right now? if you give me an idea I can tell you exactly what to buy-then you should start seeing visible results every day. thanx for replying...

also james, you're right. when I examine your pics I can tell that you have superficial acne-it's mostly blackheads and clogged pores. Those two are something that exfoliation takes care of the fastest-people with cysts usually need to wait 2 months before all their acne clears. however I've had people who sent me pics of skin like yours, who followed my advice and were 100% clear with no acne, blackheads or red marks in less than a month.

well right now im just using emu oil, but i do have some AcneFree (BP product, copy of proactive)that I'm thinking about using, but I know that the huge thread that has what you are recommending sais to avoid that kind of stuff.

and im really glad to hear you say they wont scar...the way some of those things are shaped really bothers me. my dermatologist appt. is in 5 days, ill get an OK from him and then do exactly what you suggest.

another thing that bothers me is ive already had these marks for about 3 months, and they havent done any changing yet...

EDIT: hey wow, just realized you ARE the one that made that thread...heheh

Posted

I don't think benzoyl peroxide is going to help those marks at all. It's an antibacterial and drying agent. It's useful if you have a lot of inflamed acne (and your skin is tough enough to tolerate it).

I think you should try Jess's method for awhile -- it's cheap and easy and works miracles for many people. If that doesn't do it for you, try a retinol cream or Retin A -- both will increase skin cell turnover.

Q

Posted

Great! I got mainly those and brown marks. I'm using green cream actually just started so hopefully it'll help. I'm also doing some jessfoliation, not every night though.

Posted

derek zoolander!

Posted

mines exactly like urs , but i keep break ing out near my chin.... as for the redmarks, mines a bit purple now , it used to be reddish

Posted

actually, exfoliation works great for me to fade my red marks

different people get different results

Posted

i dont find this true at all bc if u go to the Jessfoliation thread which I and tons of other ppl are doing have pictures of what exfoliation does to ur skin .. it rapidly fades red marks my red marks on my chin that have been there since i wa slike in the 8th grade fade daily everytim,e i look in the mirror i see lesss and less i cnat imagine how i was dealing with it b4.