Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
notcool

Paulas BHA/SA treatment.. anything like it?

Hey guys.

I have been fighting acne for a long time now (3-4 years of consistent mild sometimes cystic acne). I have been to the derm and currently using doryx and dynacin, differing and BP as per the derm.

Anyway, my acne is not really improving. SA and BHA toners seem to be helping as I have added them into my regimen as of recently. I have been using nuetragena's clear pore treatment w/ 2% SA and it stings..

I know we have been told not to use SA while on the regimen, but after almost 4 months i am sorta desperate. I know paula's stuff is ph balanced and doesn't contain alcohol (++++), but I am already spending enough on acne meds and dont wanna dish out 15 bucks for 4oz of solution compared to other SA toners that are 3-4 bucks at the store.

is there anything else out ther, like paula's that is a good toner, but not as pricey? if not which would you suggest out of the OTC products (clean and clear, sea breeze, nuetragena etc)...

also, when would be the best time to use the toner? In the morning w/ my BP or @ night w/ my differin? obviously i would apply it after washing, then add the bp or differin.

thanks in advance

d