Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
daman33

Accutane and moisturizer

So the time has finally come (day 20) when i realize i really do need to use moisturizer because my skin has become so dry and flaky. I would like to know if anyone knows of some good moisturizers. Right now I have the Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion (non-comedogenic). Is this good to use for my face? It is also weird putting stuff on my face that isn't topical treatment because I feel like it will make it worse.

Cetaphil makes a moisturizer specifically for your face. It comes in a little pump bottle with a green label. From what I've seen that's what most people on here use(I did). There are lots of others, but cetaphil worked well for me so I stuck with it. Don't worry about moisturizing your face right now, I'm betting that your skin is so dry it is necessary. It won't break you out.

Guest PokaHotAz

anyone use the eucerin skin renewal while on accutane? im curious :think:

So the time has finally come (day 20) when i realize i really do need to use moisturizer because my skin has become so dry and flaky. I would like to know if anyone knows of some good moisturizers. Right now I have the Cetaphil Moisturizing lotion (non-comedogenic). Is this good to use for my face? It is also weird putting stuff on my face that isn't topical treatment because I feel like it will make it worse.

AVEENO moisturizer is the best moisturizer! I use it under my makeup and my face stays moist all day long! It's amazing. My aesthetician recommended it and I love it.

I use neutrogena moisture oil free sensitive skin then I mix it with emu oil. It helps my makeup to go on smooth and keeps my face soft and moisturized. My lips are another story though......

AVEENO moisturizer is the best moisturizer! I use it under my makeup and my face stays moist all day long! It's amazing. My aesthetician recommended it and I love it.

i agree.

I used Nivea moisturizer throughout my course since that was what my mom buys for herself. But then on my post-tane check up my derm told me I should switch to Cetaphil because it won't clog your pores. It is also SPF15, which is good, especially if you're on tane.