Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
~*T*~

Initial Breakout

Why is everyone so afraid of the IB? Really, is a temporary flare up that bad, that you would rather continue to live with acne, and continue to scar over time? :doh:

It's not that bad. I am sorry, It just doesn't make much sense to me. I know that when acne is affecting you enough, you'll do almost anything to get rid of it. :pray:

Please, I am not only talking about accutane, but other drugs too, the IB seems to be what makes up alot of peoples minds about this.

Stop hhmmming and hawing, and go for it. :razz:

In every thread about "should I, or shouldn't I", or "are the side effects that bad", it says the same thing over and over. The information won't change.

see a lot of people like me that are or on accutane dont have a lot of acne like its mild and we are afriad that it will make even worse u know...

I dont know lol...thats the only reason i'm so sacred is the BIg breakout that people talk about and the sacrring...DO YOU GET BIG CYSTS ON ACCUTANE

I dont know lol...thats the only reason i'm so sacred is the BIg breakout that people talk about and the sacrring...DO YOU GET BIG CYSTS ON ACCUTANE

I HAD BIG CYSTS BEFORE I STARTED

:lol: and they went AWAY with accutane. :dance:

but I mean if U dont have bug cysts to begin with..do u get them while on accutane

I'm with Mac on this one, I don't want cysts. I have a ton of blackheads, very oily skin, and a few whiteheads at most at a time. I don't want a major flare-up and I don't want cysts.

slmonkey2

man, I give up.

see I dont think u understand what we are gogin through...YES we want Clear skin but we dont want to go through hell lol to get it....

u had severe acne to begin with so u didnt mind

Man I thought initial breakout simply meant just a breakout. I had mild acne when I went on tane. My first month my face hurt so bad. I looked like a Gusher (you know the commercial of them kids eating candy). I woke up and I was like AHHHHHHH IT HURTS MY FACE HURTS.

Then I lookd in the mirror, instead of thinking pizza face, I thought Pizza w/ Sausage topping face. It was pretty damn intense one month I say.

If you only have mild acne then you probably shouldn't be going on accutane in the first place. Most people who take accutane have horrible acne, cysts, etc in the first place so the initial breakout is something they are kind of used to already. If you won't go through the bad to get to the good then you probably weren't that bad to begin with.

My back and shoulders were completely covered in acne. Every day my shirts were stained in blood from just sitting in a chair, lying in my bed, rubbing against something, etc, etc. So when the initial breakout happened I was used to having debilitating acne already and I wasn't that bothered by it. If you only have blackheads, a few whiteheads and oily skin maybe you should look at some other options before starting accutane.

I went for a check-up yesterday and had a good long talk with my doctor. (I'm one month into taking tetracycline 2x/day). I was told to consider Accutane.

I asked about the initial breakout, since it was one of the main worries everyone here has before taking the plunge. My doctor said that having an initial breakout is a GOOD SIGN. He commented that most of his patients who had initial breakouts (not only on Accutane, but topical products lik Retin-A) typically respond better to the treatments better than those who don't.

i'm with you T. lol

Thank you :clap:

If you only have mild acne then you probably shouldn't be going on accutane in the first place. Most people who take accutane have horrible acne, cysts, etc in the first place so the initial breakout is something they are kind of used to already. If you won't go through the bad to get to the good then you probably weren't that bad to begin with.

My back and shoulders were completely covered in acne. Every day my shirts were stained in blood from just sitting in a chair, lying in my bed, rubbing against something, etc, etc. So when the initial breakout happened I was used to having debilitating acne already and I wasn't that bothered by it. If you only have blackheads, a few whiteheads and oily skin maybe you should look at some other options before starting accutane.

Agreed.

Why there is initial breakout for accutane users? my face is feeling warm and my lips are no different from Ronald Mc donalds.

well I tired tetra once a day for 2 months and it didint work? my derm wants me to try it because he said I have oily skin and that I'm an adult now and should not go thoruhg acne anmore

Everyone has a different view of what "Mild Acne" is.

IF your acne is affecting you badly enough in life you wouldn't think twice about going on it. some people respond well early on others don't. I didn't and its been a year long heavy slog for me (much better toward end tho) still having minor trouble with some spots 1 month post accutane.

you have to decide how bad u want to change your ski and realise its not a wonder drug-everyone gets spots of varying degrees. i would think long and hard. i have had trouble with IBS but since finishing have been much better. for me a year was othing out of my whole life . if you have the support of the people around you it will be fine

IF your acne is affecting you badly enough in life you wouldn't think twice about going on it. some people respond well early on others don't. I didn't and its been a year long heavy slog for me (much better toward end tho) still having minor trouble with some spots 1 month post accutane.

you have to decide how bad u want to change your ski and realise its not a wonder drug-everyone gets spots of varying degrees. i would think long and hard. i have had trouble with IBS but since finishing have been much better. for me a year was othing out of my whole life . if you have the support of the people around you it will be fine

se acne is affecting my life...but now your scarring me

Guest PokaHotAz
:shifty2: now where did my "pussies" comment go?