Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kanmi

I need to slowly stop taking minocycline..

Ok so I am going to be starting accutane soon so I need to stop taking my minocycline. But I don't just want to stop it cold turkey. So what is the best way to stop taking it? Thank you.

I would say take a pill every other day for a week then every 2 days the next weeks.etc.....

Ok so I am going to be starting accutane soon so I need to stop taking my minocycline. But I don't just want to stop it cold turkey. So what is the best way to stop taking it? Thank you.

Stop it the day you start Accutane.

my perscription runs out friday and i'm not going to the derm again until next wednesday. i'm not that worried about it.. i just started the csr so hopefully thatll stop my face from getting even worse once i get off the mino.

Stop it the day you start Accutane.

That's what I did too...my derm actually told me too, cause she knew the acne would come back worse if I just stopped the mino a few weeks before accutane. Don't risk scars-stay on it...

Hey there... I was taken off mino too, and what I did basically was take the usual 100 mg for a week, 50 mg the next week, and then I would be completely off.