Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CLouds

are younger ppl just nicer than grown ups?

From reading this board Ive heard lots of stories about ppl getting insulted and made fun of their face over and over by other ppl. But allthroughout high school Ive never actually heard nebody make fun of somebody because of their acne. I had friends with severe acne, moderate acne, mild acne, and perfect skin but none of my friends ever make fun of pther cuz of their acne. I mean i heard ppl getting teased cuz their fat, skinny, dumb, or even just plain ugly. One of my friends(not a close friend) has severe acne, but has tons of friends and lots of hot chics friends and their always hanging out with him hugging laughin but i never hear them even comment about his face, even though he has bulging bumps sticking out of his face. i mean i guess that the majority of younger ppl understand or dont really care about looks i think personality is the number one thing for teens, I mean the class clown was always poplular even when they were ugly or fat but no one cared they only cared that they were funny. I think its the older ppl get that they become more superficial and become obsessed with looks and materialism that it makes them rude. I mean as little kids we just want to have fun and be happy we dont worry about looks i mean as kids we dont even see each other as different races or poor or rich or ugly or hot. I really think that older ppl get the more rude they become...

Guest Tenshi

the older i get the less i care...how old are u? are u in high school yet? i only ask because u said "grown ups"

i just turned 19, well i guess this is just based on my experience, cuz i still live with my 8 year old sister 17 year old brother and 20 year old brother and none of them have every said a thing about my acne,but then when my 23 year old sister comes over she says "what the hell happened to ur face, and starts calling me pepperoni face and laughs" even in front of my bros and little sis. But my little sis and bros just ignore her and dont say nething. And when i go to the skatepark and im out and teens are all around but they never look at me weird or comment they just treat me like everyone else. The only time that strangers commented of my face was this like 30 year old cashier at the gas station that said "wo man u should go to the doctor to get that stuff cleared up man" and this old uglyass 60 yearold indian lady that said "u know u should really get that sever acne cleared up its messing ur face up blah blah blah" i guess its just based on my experience.

The only time that strangers commented of my face was this like 30 year old cashier at the gas station that said "wo man u should go to the doctor to get that stuff cleared up man" and this old uglyass 60 yearold indian lady that said "u know u should really get that sever acne cleared up its messing ur face up blah blah blah" i guess its just based on my experience.

:lol:

sorry to laugh man, but the same shit happens to me too.

Guest Tenshi

well, you're 19..ur not a little kid anymore..your practically a man now..so why do u care so much? all u have to do, is be good to other ppl and not worry about anyone else, because u are OK with u.

no, my younger sister is horrible, she's 13 and will just walk upto me at home and point at my face and ask why my face is all screwed up, I feel like going off on her but I'm not that typeof older brother, I just take it in stride but it still sucks being probably the only person in my family with an acne problem, past or present.