Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zeljo4never

How come some people just dont get acne?

OK, we all know acne is caused by bacteria in the hair cuticle blah blah blah, but How come some people just dont get acne?

if acne is caused by bacteria then shoudnt it go away if you wash your face every day?

then how come some people just dont get ance at all?, have they kept their faces cleaner?

i just dont get it.

i asked my mom and dad did they ever have acne, and they both said they barely ever even got a pimple when they were my age.

so then its not genetic.

so how come i have it and some people dont?

Hormones.

You must be very horny.

how so?

almost every teen guy between 14-17 have their hormones ragin, and only a couple get acne

Two words: Crap that's in foods (unhealthy eating), stress. Has to be.

no way, i have like 10 obese friends and ALL 10 of them have clear faces, not even a pimple!

Hormones.

You must be very horny.

how so?

almost every teen guy between 14-17 have their hormones ragin, and only a couple get acne

Two words: Crap that's in foods (unhealthy eating), stress. Has to be.

no way, i have like 10 obese friends and ALL 10 of them have clear faces, not even a pimple!

A bevy of hormones can cause acne to form. Hormones responsible for acne include testosterone (an androgen), anabolic steroids, gonadotropins, corticosteroids and ACTH. Stress increases circulating glucocorticosteroids and should be factored into the hormone driven flare-up.

Some people have raging hormones well into adulthood.

Guest Akira

i dont know why, but i hate myself for having acne and i hate everyone else for not having acne, its so crippling and is dominating my life beyond all logical means. No friends, no life, all because of acne

y does everyone say that all their friends and everyone they know doesnt have acne??? I mean in highschool it was rare to find people with completely clear skin, i mean some people had severe acne while others had mild and others with moderate, and some with perfect skin but at my school it way far harder to find someone with completely clear skin than those with acne i mean i nearly everybody gets acne sometime, And in my opinion acne is genetic everything is genetic, just because ur parents dont have it doesnt mean u wont get it, thats like saying if ur parents both have blond hair doesnt mean that ur guaranteed to have blonde hair u can still have black and visa versa, I mean my dad had severe acne he has lots of scars while my mom never got acne, but my younger brother got some bad acne but hes mostly grown out of it hes got a couple of scars, and my sister got acne, and my older bro got acne and i got acne. I do believe gentics are the main contributing factor for acne.

anyway why is acne mostly on the face?

so many questions, no answers

they can put a man on mars but they cant tell me why!

I actually asked my doctor that the other day (why acne is mostly on the face). He told me it was because it's the part of your body that's exposed the most often (during the winter we cover up). He also said that the skin on our face is much more sensitive to the environment than any other part of the body...

Unfortunately my face is the only place I get acne ):

I don't believe statistics when they say that acne is so common more than a million suffer from it. Seems like for every 10,000 plus people that I see passing the streets of NYC on a day have clear skin or no indications they suffered from it like scars.

i dont know why, but i hate myself for having acne and i hate everyone else for not having acne, its so crippling and is dominating my life beyond all logical means. No friends, no life, all because of acne

I'm just like you. We should be friends.

Yeah, it's not as simple as 1+1=2 with genetics. It could just be a recessive gene that pertains to some function in the body that makes a person more likely to have acne.

It's probably a result of a combination of genes. Like one that perhaps causes poor cell division or something, one that causes slow healing, one that leads to swelling/inflammation...a lot of different genes that are responsible for different encoding (I really don't know exactly what I'm talking about, people...I mean, I have an IDEA, but science doesn't stick with me, lol) do things a certain way so as to make a person vulnerable to acne. Then when they hit puberty, it can manifest itself.

So yes, it's definately genetic. Even if it's caused by food allergies--those allegeries are a result of genetics. In the nature vs. nurture debate, nature almost always wins out, whether we think that's cruel or not.

Anyway, on the subject of seeing people with clear faces--I know what you mean. It really depends on where you are. In some classes that I take, it'll seem like everyone in the room has some acne...or everyone in the hallway has at least a LITTLE. Then I'll take ones where I'm the only one in there without flawless skin, and mine is REALLY not flawless. And the majority of 30+ year olds do not have it...at least not a legitimately disconcerting form of it.

I'm pretty sure its genetic and hereditary. Just because your parents didn't have acne, doesn't mean that its not hereditary. Genes can sometimes miss out generations etc. However, it is yet to be fully proven that its genetic. At some point they will test the human genome of acne sufferers compared to clear skin folk and then we will know

I'm just like you. We should be friends.

Get a life. What about those really poor people who have cancer and such? You are so bloody selfish.

yeah acne doesnt stop you from having a life or having friends. might stop you from being perfectly attractive, which might stop you from getting some people to want to fuck you.

Damn, bitter much folks?

Acne is pretty apparent in my genes - my mother didn't get acne till 30, which is kind of depressing since I'm only 24 and it probably means a lifetime of facial regimen cleaning. But I deal.

Could be worse.

Could always be worse.

yeah acne doesnt stop you from having a life or having friends. might stop you from being perfectly attractive, which might stop you from getting some people to want to fuck you.

I second that.