Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
robotic

What supplement has worked for you?

Im currently taking Zinc and Evening Primrose (for women) and its only been 2 weeks so no results but I heard they both help with acne. What has helped you? I heard flax seed is good, Neptune Krill (for women)....B5.... etc.

anyways what has worked for you?

once every 3 months i take "milk thistle" for 10 days. it clears out your liver,and does wonders for the skin.

i also take primrose oils capsules, and vitamins.

Hyaluronic acid supplements worked for me - could be worth a try. I use source naturals hyaluronic acid with biocell collagen. Actually started taking them as general skin enhancement supps but noticed my acne clearing up!

Hyaluronic acid supplements worked for me - could be worth a try. I use source naturals hyaluronic acid with biocell collagen. Actually started taking them as general skin enhancement supps but noticed my acne clearing up!

Hey KT,

just wondering if you could give me an update on your HA supplements and if was still helping you out!

thanks!

once every 3 months i take "milk thistle" for 10 days. it clears out your liver,and does wonders for the skin.

what is milk thistle, is that kind of supplement? where to get it?

what is milk thistle, is that kind of supplement? where to get it?

how much zinc u taking??im taking 75 mg a day and having great results

What the ****!!? :shock:

75 mg a day?? The RDA (recommended daily amount) is 15 mg. If dont believe me check this out.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=zinc+rda&...=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://dietary-supplements.info.nih.gov/fa...zinc.html#risks

U may be doing more harm to ur body than helping it. U've got a pretty expensive urine I must say. :think:

I'm taking 15 mg of Zink, Vitamin A and omega 3.

I think the maximum safe dosage of zinc is 75mg a day. But you have to keep in mind some of the food you eat have zinc. I was taking zinc 75mg a day too. But what I forgot to check was my multivitamin had 15mg. Then considering some of the food i ate had some zinc, I was well above the maximum tolerance level. I stopped taking zinc when I developed two bloody patches on my leg. One the size of a golf ball. Now it just looks bruised. It's almost look like psoriasis. Since then it's been going away slowly with the help of some mama lotion and sometimes cp serum. Now, I'm not saying overdose of zinc was the exact causes of those patches but I'm not going to take zinc again to find out. A multivitamin is good enough.

Im taking Zin, Vitamin A, D, E, Milk Thisle, Garlic and Hawthorn, Age-less Skin Formula, Vitamin B5