Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sjeagle30

Green Cream Help

Can anyone that has used Green Cream in the past please let me know if it worked for you? I bought some and am scared to use it from the few that I have seen that say it really dries your face out bad and that some also broke out from it. For $40 I sure hope I can use it. Thanks!

Retinol is not drying ... in the long run, it actually helps your skin stay hydrated ... but it does speed up the turnover of your skin cells, which results in flaking. And if you use too much of it before your skin gets used to it, you can get red and "burned".

I have been using GC for 2 months now and really love it. Here are my suggestions:

-- Ease into it. The manufacturers recommend a schedule for use when you are just starting out. If their schedule seems too slow for you, then you can pick up the pace a little -- I think I used it every other night the first couple weeks -- but if you start turning red or feeling sore, STOP until your skin goes back to normal. Then start again. Do not use more than the recommended pea-sized amount.

-- Make sure you are using a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer; avoid other active ingredients. When I started, I was using a Murad cleanser and moisturizer that contained salicylic acid. I had to lose those very quickly -- much too drying. Retinol is powerful stuff and probably the only active ingredient you need.

-- Exfoliate, gently and regularly. I use the synthetic brush method, but that may be too rough for sensitive skin. Look for a "gommage" product -- I believe Origins makes one -- that will gently slough off the flakes of skin. Linda Sy, where I buy my GC, sells an oatmeal cleanser that might be useful.

-- Wear sunscreen, EVERY day. This product really increases your skin's sun sensitivity. Even wearing SPF 15 daily, in the winter, I find that my face is tan all the time ... and I have burned my lower neck and upper chest at least once by not applying SPF far enough down.

Q

Thanks for your reviews of this product. I think i'm going to try it to maintain after my Accutane course is finished since my derm didn't seem keen on prescribing a retinoid and i think keeping my pores clear is the key. Have you used any of her sunscreens? I'm quite sensitive to sunscreens, they sting my face - i always have to apply it over moisturizer and then my face feels all greasy.

Thanks for your reviews of this product. I think i'm going to try it to maintain after my Accutane course is finished since my derm didn't seem keen on prescribing a retinoid and i think keeping my pores clear is the key. Have you used any of her sunscreens? I'm quite sensitive to sunscreens, they sting my face - i always have to apply it over moisturizer and then my face feels all greasy.

I think Green Cream would be great for Accutane maintenance. I haven't tried any of the sunscreens ... actually, this is the first I've heard of them, were they also developed by Dr. T? But I really love the Calmin cream I'm using, which is a combined moisturizer/sunscreen and VERY gentle. It was actually developed for rosacea sufferers. I don't have rosacea, but I appreciate it nonetheless. You can check it out thru the link in my sig if you're interested.

Q

Retinol is not drying ... in the long run, it actually helps your skin stay hydrated ... but it does speed up the turnover of your skin cells, which results in flaking. And if you use too much of it before your skin gets used to it, you can get red and "burned".

I have been using GC for 2 months now and really love it. Here are my suggestions:

-- Ease into it. The manufacturers recommend a schedule for use when you are just starting out. If their schedule seems too slow for you, then you can pick up the pace a little -- I think I used it every other night the first couple weeks -- but if you start turning red or feeling sore, STOP until your skin goes back to normal. Then start again. Do not use more than the recommended pea-sized amount.

-- Make sure you are using a very gentle cleanser and moisturizer; avoid other active ingredients. When I started, I was using a Murad cleanser and moisturizer that contained salicylic acid. I had to lose those very quickly -- much too drying. Retinol is powerful stuff and probably the only active ingredient you need.

-- Exfoliate, gently and regularly. I use the synthetic brush method, but that may be too rough for sensitive skin. Look for a "gommage" product -- I believe Origins makes one -- that will gently slough off the flakes of skin. Linda Sy, where I buy my GC, sells an oatmeal cleanser that might be useful.

-- Wear sunscreen, EVERY day. This product really increases your skin's sun sensitivity. Even wearing SPF 15 daily, in the winter, I find that my face is tan all the time ... and I have burned my lower neck and upper chest at least once by not applying SPF far enough down.

Q

Thank you so much for all of your advice!! I will definately try what you said. I have only used it once cuz I was scared to start with every other day but I think I will start that way and if like you said, it gets too bad, I can cut back. I just use purpose gentle cleanser and cetaphil moisturizer so hopeuflly those products will be ok. Thanks again for the help!

I haven't tried any of the sunscreens ... actually, this is the first I've heard of them, were they also developed by Dr. T?

Uh, i think they are a Linda Sy product, actually. Wheras the Linda Sy site is a distributor of Green Cream. Green Cream has a unique label compared to the Linda Sy products which all have the same label style. :think: At any rate, i'll probably do the sample thing when i get closer to the end of my course, which will also get me some samples of other products, so i'll see if the sunscreen is as good as it sounds.

I haven't tried any of the sunscreens ... actually, this is the first I've heard of them, were they also developed by Dr. T?

Uh, i think they are a Linda Sy product, actually. Wheras the Linda Sy site is a distributor of Green Cream. Green Cream has a unique label compared to the Linda Sy products which all have the same label style. :think: At any rate, i'll probably do the sample thing when i get closer to the end of my course, which will also get me some samples of other products, so i'll see if the sunscreen is as good as it sounds.

Oh, I think I do have at least one sample of the Linda Sy sunscreen. I'm just going up to shower now, so maybe I'll try it out today and report back.

Well, I found lots of Linda Sy samples in my drawer, but no plain ol' sunscreen. I did find some Linda Sy makeup with sunscreen, so I tried that just for fun (I haven't had foundation on my face in years)! Anyway, I am going to remember it for special occasions, because it went on beautifully and blended well and made me look all glammed up ... way too glamorous for a Thursday afternoon ...

But I am rambling. I will be curious to hear what you think of the regular sunscreen!