Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Danny-E

Increase the peeling process

Hello folks. As many of you may know, when a big zit has died and become all dried up, (like from BP bombardment) the skin becomes dead and flakes off. I have a huge dead zit on my face, and unfortunately, the surrounding area (like dime diameter or so, huge) is fucking red as hell because I 10%'d it way too much I guess.

Long story short, does anyone know a way to speed up the peeling process so the skin can be renewed and this whole dead shit can just fall off?

Just a thought...

Thanks!

The only thing I know of that speeds up the cell shedding process is a retinoid, such as Retin-A Micro, which is what I use. It's Rx, though, and it takes time to get used to, so this reply probably wasn't worth anything.

Use a lot of the Proactive Solution BP 2.5% stuff and your skin will peel uncontrollably...it's kid of nice when you see all of the zits peeling and think about how you'll have a "new face" once it falls off, but it never completely works out that way (since the redmarks are left).

Retinol will also speed up the turnover rate of your skin cells.

Green Cream is a very effective high-retinol cream ... not as powerful as Retin A but less irritating, and available OTC. There are a couple of active threads on this product in the OTC and Red Marks forums.