Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I can't believe I have to go through this again. My dr. suggested, this morning, that the lesions are becoming cystic again and that I should go on accutane for a second round. I don't know if i'll get through this one. The first time so much of my hair fell out that after this one i'll probably go bald. I did feel depressed but who wouldn't with such an awful skin disease. I want to know why? I don't care if I ever get the answer, I want an answer. Why is this happening to me, WHY? What did I do to deserve this, WHAT? Who did I injure so much in my life that they have cursed me with this, WHO? When will this end, WHEN? My mother just said that this is happening to me because of my attitude. Yea, a father in a hospital and a miserable home life make for great cheery circumstances. When will this nightmare end, WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN? WHEN?

So, am I doomed to recurrent acne for the rest of my life? Am I?

YOU poor soul. I really feel for you. I am thinking I am gonna be exactly the same as you. Have been off near a month now and am getting some larger pimples and my nose and forehead covered in that weird bumpy stuff. my derm is gining me DUAC?? He is saying to try it for 2/3 month but dont know if i can wait that long with more little spots coming day by day.

I do wish you all the luck in the world -acne is a downer. i can't believe how good I feel when my skin is near clear. I do feel better health wise being off accutane but not psychologically. the redness is just starting to fade and i've stopped gettin dry lips. ACNE F****** SUCKS WHY DOES IT EXIST AAAAAAAAARGH

Let us know how your 2n course goes-who knows this may be all you need to keep it under contrl-try think positive i know that sounds patronising but you'll get there

all the best :)

GO, this didn't happen to you because you have done anything wrong, it's not some sort of cosmic punishment. It was a bad roll of the genetic dice. If you are the spiritual type, it's your burden to bear, the impediment you must learn to rise above with the grace we all know you possess. What your mother said to you is terrible, but sometimes mothers don't think about what they are saying and how cruel it is.

I personally think that your derm is right. The best course of action for you is another course. A second course greatly increases your chances of a long term remission. Speaking for my myself, my second course has been much easier than my first since i took steps to make myself more comfortable right from the beginning. And the hair loss will not result in baldness, only a temporary thinning that probably only you will notice. You can get through this, you're strong.

You'll get through it Go, and come out stringer than ever!

Have you given anythought yet to what you will do Post-tane this time round?

Any idea on what your second round will consist of? Dose, length?

Best of luck! Feel better soon, we are all here for you. PM me anytime if you need to talk. I remember asking what I did to deserve this at one time too. :(

GO, this didn't happen to you because you have done anything wrong, it's not some sort of cosmic punishment. It was a bad roll of the genetic dice. If you are the spiritual type, it's your burden to bear, the impediment you must learn to rise above with the grace we all know you possess. What your mother said to you is terrible, but sometimes mothers don't think about what they are saying and how cruel it is.

I personally think that your derm is right. The best course of action for you is another course. A second course greatly increases your chances of a long term remission. Speaking for my myself, my second course has been much easier than my first since i took steps to make myself more comfortable right from the beginning. And the hair loss will not result in baldness, only a temporary thinning that probably only you will notice. You can get through this, you're strong.

How come my derm told me that shed stop treatment if I starting losing hair?

Probably because people flip out when they lose hair. I've only heard of a few cases where the hair did not grow back and from their descriptions it was obvious that there was something else going on even though they insisted on blaming Accutane. Look up "telogen effluvium" for more information.

GO i suggest you take the offer up on Accutane second round, your initial breakout wont be as bad (the earlier the better)... and remember u always have us to support you through ur journey!

Stick it out... second time round should be the finale! 6months of pain for a lifetime of comfort... i would take up the offer.

All the best we all love u and u can always ask us questions and support :)

Mother of all cysts. I woke up today with pain on my forehead. I went to touch it and there was a cyst with a diameter of greater than 1 inch. It looks as if someone took a frying pan to my head in my sleep. Ok, I just have to laugh because this is fuckin ridiculous. I made an appt with my GP for today. I'm going to bed her to send me to an endo.

Can you imagine? The size of a ping pong ball. Ha! It's so ridiculous that I have to laugh. It's too much.

Correction: I'm going to "GET" her not "BED" lol. The cyst is affecting my spelling. What next?

GO, I agree with people here. Take your second round if they are becoming cystic again. I for one discarded a second round, but I had my reasons. My acne wasn't turning cystic, just a freak breakout from something I used which bp cured immediately. In your case, if your derm labeled it cystic, don't hesistate to go on it again. I wouldn't.

For your hair problem, that is another reason I turned it down also because I never recovered, but let me link you up to something that will definitely help you. I've been on it for a while and, by golly it has helped me tremendously. The key here is garlic and eating!! You need to be at your optimum in order to minimize Accutane effects...

Hair Loss

GO, I agree with people here. Take your second round if they are becoming cystic again. I for one discarded a second round, but I had my reasons. My acne wasn't turning cystic, just a freak breakout from something I used which bp cured immediately. In your case, if your derm labeled it cystic, don't hesistate to go on it again. I wouldn't.

For your hair problem, that is another reason I turned it down also because I never recovered, but let me link you up to something that will definitely help you. I've been on it for a while and, by golly it has helped me tremendously. The key here is garlic and eating!! You need to be at your optimum in order to minimize Accutane effects...

Hair Loss

Thanks so much for the support and the advice ! :)

Guest Tenshi

they always say it doesnt come back as bad 2d time around. maybe the same thing will happen to me too. how old are u? ur photo looks beautiful anyway..

Yup.

So, I went to the derm today. She did a battery of hormonal tests on me i.e. testosterone, all of it. All my hormones still appear normal. So, it's my skin. the DHT enzymes are just over active and that's it.

Well, at least I know it's not my hormones now. So, she gave me my first prescription for tane, round 2. I'm hesitant to start it again. I'm, honestly, a little scared. I hope that I can count on all of your support. Take care,

GO

Good Luck, Go. I'm still waiting on Round 1.

I think round 2 will be the best thing. I think most people go into full remission after 2 rounds. Plus, you weren't as bad as before round 1, right?

I don't really expect clear skin.. I just want to get rid of the cysts. Right now I have 3 on my chin that melted together to create another colony- and they hurt. They straight up throb. It sucks. I can't wait to be free of this shit. It's so frusterating, isn't it?

Are you still getting cysts or just regular zits? Do you feel you improved AT ALL after your first course?

And you know I Will always be here to give you support. It's a rough road, but you'll be fine...Especially since you've got great skills.. Like numchuck skills, bowstaff skills...computer hacking skills. <~~lmao Napoleon all the way, remember?

I want to sincerely thank every single person who took the time to answer my post. I know that it may be grasping at straws. For the longest time, I thought I had done something to cause this. I took A LOT of anti-biotics growing up. I had a lot of health issues. I thought maybe this was the cause of my severe acne. But, after reading that many of you never even took anti-biotics prior to getting acne, I realize that it wasn't my fault. I can't thank-you enough for the peace of mind. I'm really starting to accept that I may never know why, but having wonderful people such as yourselves to talk to makes a world of difference :)

I hope this awful disease goes away for all of you!

I will pray :pray:

Peace,

GO

Good Luck, Go. I'm still waiting on Round 1.

I think round 2 will be the best thing. I think most people go into full remission after 2 rounds. Plus, you weren't as bad as before round 1, right?

I don't really expect clear skin.. I just want to get rid of the cysts. Right now I have 3 on my chin that melted together to create another colony- and they hurt. They straight up throb. It sucks. I can't wait to be free of this shit. It's so frusterating, isn't it?

Are you still getting cysts or just regular zits? Do you feel you improved AT ALL after your first course?

And you know I Will always be here to give you support. It's a rough road, but you'll be fine...Especially since you've got great skills.. Like numchuck skills, bowstaff skills...computer hacking skills. <~~lmao Napoleon all the way, remember?

yeah ur not the only one.. i have about 3-4 tiny pimples just above my eyebrow... and one big one in my hair :/ but i'm hoping and being very gentle with them and not touching them .. hopefully they will go away.

aww...GO I was hoping you'd stay clear. :( When did it come back?

I think you should go on round 2; I would if my acne came back.

Ask your dr. for a BP face wash - once I started using Brevoxyl creamy wash in my course, my acne really went away. I also was told by my MD that I could use BP to spot treat on pimples. If she'd told me that from the beginning it would've helped me a lot; she had said I couldn't use any topicals while on tane. If you use a wash and spot treat in the beginning you may get clear quicker. I did.

This forum isn't as supportive as it was when all of us went on tane last year. Everyone was so supportive. Now, most people just want to argue or debate. :doubt:

PM me if you need to talk.

Emma