Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CharlesInCharge

Should I take Accutane or wait?

So I went to the Derm Jan 17th and they gave me a whole bunch of things.

- Tazorac (topical)

- Clindagel (topical)

- Triaz (topical)

- Predenisone (oral)

- Minocycline (oral)

So it's been 5 weeks and I have cleared up a bit but not as much as I had hoped. I'm pretty sure that when I go back on the 8th of March if I requested Accutane they would give it to me but other than that I will just be switching around topical/oral meds and wait another 6-8 weeks until my next visit.

My question is, should I wait it out and see how it goes, or should I say screw it and get Accutane ASAP?

Thanks! Cheers!

Wait till your apt date. Maybe you will be satisfied with the results by then. If not, ask for it. But if something is working, maybe stick with it, no? Accutane is supposed to be a last resort. But accutane, will solve the problem completely, so that's another way to look at it.

The thing is, I have bad skin all over and not just on my face. My back and chest are covered in acne and that doesn't seem to be clearing up. Although all I do is exfoliate twice a week and wash with Cetaphil Aintibacterial Cleanser.

Accutane does help rid chest and back acne right?

Also the time it takes to put all of the topicals on is insane. It take me 1 hour to put all the topicals on at night and I'm normaly late for work everyday because of my morning regimen. But with the pill all I would have to do it pop it in on my largest meal and then do the normal cleansing and mosterizing everyday.

I think I should really go on tane but I'm not worried about the risks at all, I'm more worried about the out-of-pocket cash that I will have to spend. I'm saving for college, but if I pay out of pocket then that will drain me pretty badly...

If you have body acne, I think tane is good for you.

Topicals suck, that's for sure.

How bad is your acne?

I don't have any pics so It's hard to say really, but I have mainly moderate acne.

I'v never had a cyst but I get whiteheads all the time as well as under-the-skin bumps that hurt very badly. The acne is focused at a very sensitive area.. around my mouth and nose which sucks. Also as of late I have 2 boils going at the same time behind my ears and that are very iritatings and ugly as hell (gross)! Also a ton of redness, hell I have had a perma-red face for the longest time. Ever since I had acne when I was in 7th grade.

I see.

Accutane might be good for you then. You've battled it for a while, it's affecting you emotionally, and if you are scarring, your doc would probably give it to you. As long as you have tried other less serious methods first. Which you have.

Let us know how it goes, and what you decide.