Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Thank you old man winter for making my skin shit! It's so dry right now I can't stand it! I'm using gentle products that "promise" not to dry out the skin and I use a lotion in the morning. I don't know what to do anymore! And before anyone tells me BP this or SA that....I can't use them...I used to have large painful whiteheads because of those chemicals! (I can use BP as a spot treatment though, just not all over my face) So this is my problem....I don't have "large" pimples....not like before...while using acne products...I've just moved onto a bunch, and I stress, a bunch of super small pimples. I use a scrub at night to get the dry skin off, but I still have all these small pimples! Is this last stage of acne before I finally clear up? I doubt it! Someone help me, what in the heck am I doing wrong?

Thank you old man winter for making my skin shit! It's so dry right now I can't stand it! I'm using gentle products that "promise" not to dry out the skin and I use a lotion in the morning. I don't know what to do anymore! And before anyone tells me BP this or SA that....I can't use them...I used to have large painful whiteheads because of those chemicals! (I can use BP as a spot treatment though, just not all over my face) So this is my problem....I don't have "large" pimples....not like before...while using acne products...I've just moved onto a bunch, and I stress, a bunch of super small pimples. I use a scrub at night to get the dry skin off, but I still have all these small pimples! Is this last stage of acne before I finally clear up? I doubt it! Someone help me, what in the heck am I doing wrong?

Unfortunately every single product in your regimen except for the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser contains fragrance, which I know for me was irritating and made it very difficult to heal acne. The Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has sodium lauryl sulfate, which can also be a very potent skin irritant. I'm not sure how much these are adding to your dryness, but you could be having some sort of reaction. If I were you I would not use 2 cleansers in the morning, just 1, and I also would not use a scrub more than 2 times a week. Some people make their own scrub from baking soda, water and a pH adjuster (something acidic). AlerG carries a few product ranges that are mostly fragrance-free. Good luck :angel:

One of the main problems you have probably in the past was BP or SA overuse or overdose. Allot of people dont realize bp is only really meant to stay on your skin for a short period of time and then you take it off. Thats why people get so many breakouts and problems with bp and sa. Dan has brainwash people into thinking dry skin and clear skin go hand in hand. And thats just not the case. If anything i recommend taking a look at my regimen that I do below it wont give you dry skin.

---------------------

Beyondclear the better regimen

http://www.beyondclear.cjb.net/

The beyond clear website was okay, but I've tried those products, the way the regimen called for, and taken fiber before....no difference. I really should probably cut back on using two cleansers in the morning...I just never feel like I get my skin clean enough! I might start cutting back on the scrub a little too...Shooo...don't you ever wish that one regimen cleared everyone?...No differences between us!

You may be damaging your skin with that St Ives scrub ... it is rough stuff.

If you damage your skin's lipid barrier, you will lose water thru your skin and it will get dehydrated. Then, not only will it feel dry, but it will also react by forming more comedones. There's a thread in the Research forum about this right now.

I would:

-- Stop using the scrub. Exfoliate using a soft brush or a gentle biogommage (I think Origins makes one)

-- Take an essential fatty acid (EFA) supplement to help repair your skin's lipid barrier.

-- Stay hydrated by drinking lots of water.

-- Treat your clogged pores with a retinol or retinaldehyde cream.

-- Use a gentle moisturizer with SPF ... Neutrogena Healthy Skin is supposed to be good.

Q