Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nanobabes

diff. btw BP gel and proactiv lotion?

Well i've read vast reviews on proactiv repairing lotion and reviews on bp gel, and on here it seems bp gel has the edge over proactiv. But when Dan describes the two products, he makes it seem like they are basically the same thing except for the fragrance and size. Right now I'm using proactiv, and honestly, i'm devastated with the results. my skin hasn't been this bad in years, and i keep reading and hearing that i should stick through it, but i can't imagine it getting any better, and i'm beginning to think mild acne is much better than this proccess that's taken so far a month and a half. people tell me it's going to take up to 3 months?? i mean i know there aren't many miracle workers out there, but that's a bit much.

Now that i'm done ranting, I want to know is the whole breaking out proccess also part of the clear skin regimen? is it as noticable and as FRUSTRATING? as i said, it seems people here like clear skin bp gel better, i don't know if it's cuz this is a website that promotes the regimen, or if it's unbiased ... but what technically makes it better than proactiv? i might either adopt gentle cleansers and moisturizers but still use the proactiv bp, or just ditch proactiv altogether and pick up some bp gel. anybody have any advice?

sorry for the long post

Hey I can tell you my experience with proactiv. It worked great for the first 5-6 months then it seemed to stop being as effective probably cause I wasn't using it properly so I re-read all the instructions and the repairing lotion said "use a thin layer" and the cleanser said "wash face for 1-2 minutes". Well, both those are the stupidest fucking tips in the world, they just completely fukced my face over once I started using less of the repairing lotion and washing longer. I came on this site and found the regimen and everything he wrote in it made perfect sense in relation to when proactiv was working and how I used it and when it stopped working. So I ditched their cleanser (it fucking SUCKS nards, seriously so shitty) and the toner (worthless shit) and switched to a gentle cleanser. I kept using the repair lotion while I waited for the CSR gel (from this site) to arrive and the proactiv bp gel works just fine, except it runs out in 1-2 weeks and costs $80 if you order it with the whole set. I actually prefer it to the CSR bp gel from here because it absorbs faster and better but they're both equally effective.

So my advice would be fuck off with the cleanser and toner, buy a gentle cleanser and moisturizer and some bp gel. This page: http://www.acne.org/regimen-supplies.html has some good cleansers and moisturizers that you can try.

well isnt proactive basically 2.5% BP? And yes, some people do experience an initial worsening of acne when they use proactive. But this will get better soon. it may not necessarily take 3 moths. Everybody's skin is different.

Well based on my experience, Proactiv worked like a miracle for me, if you look in my gallery, thats what my skin was like from proactiv (and same for Dan's Reg). Only problem is that hte Proactiv stopped working after 8-9 months and I broke out really bad again with cysts. Personally I think Dan's BP is stronger in effectiveness, but Ive NEVER bleached any of my collars with Proactivs Bp.

okay, so what i'm hearing is it takes up to 1-3 months for ur skin to get clear and then after around 6 months it stops being effective ... which makes it roughly 9 months of nasty skin and 3 months of clear skin ... those are just estimated #s, but doesn't it all kind of seem futile? and i know my skin has a tendency to get used to treatments, cuz many products have been effective initially but stop working over time ...

also, I used to use clean and clear 10% persagel which did heal my pimples but in a harsh dried up way .... however it didn't make me keep breaking out like proactiv repairing lotion seems to ... shouldn't 10% be harsher? maybe i should just go back to it? i went to proactiv so i wouldn't get my couple of breakouts a month, but instead i'm just breaking out all over my face where i don't usually - thus making my pimples look more scattered throughout my entire face. especially gross in the wintertime when my face is all pale (i'm filipina, so dark features w/ tan body but pale face - i think due to so many treatments = gross!) maybe it's better for me if i go back to a couple of pimples (not quite cystic pimples, but i usually get up to 3-5 pretty big n gross pimples a month)

Well if the proactiv hasnt worked for you I would say just get off of it. When I took it, it worked within a month, really well too. But all people are different, I think you should try something else because if some product was giving me acne where I didnt have previously, Id get off it too.

i tried proactive

1. way too expensive

2. smell made me sick

3. did not work threw it all away after two weeks.

went on the regimen.

1. inexpensive and available at the local drug store

2. no sick smell

3. it works

where I think Proactiv screws up is with that grainy cleanser. The bp lotion is fine, although the smell is strong, but that cleanser is the worst! And alot of people cannot tolerate AHA's, like their toner. That's where Dan's regimen has the advantage, gentle cleansing is typically better for acne-prone skin, bp is effective. And the price, Proactiv is way over-priced for the size of the products.