Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SeattleGirl

St. Ives Collagen-Elastin Essential Moisturizer

I've been looking for a good moisturizer to use at night (non-SPF), and based on reviewss on here, makeupalley, drugstore, and epinions, the highest rated moisturizer for the lowest price is St. Ives Collagen-Elastin Essential Moisturizer. Even people with acne prone skin posted reviews and very few said it caused break outs. Most said it either didn't irritate their skin or caused it to look and feel even smoother with less acne bumps. I was pretty set on getting this until I noticed the ingredients on drugstore.com:

Water, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Stearic Acid, Soluble Collagen, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Ascorbic Acid, Viola Tricolor Extract, Cetyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Dimethicone, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Red 33 (CI 17200), Red 4 (CI 14700), Blue 1 (CI 42090), Yellow 5 (CI 19140)

It contains mineral oil as a second ingredient! I've heard mineral oil can make you break out, but most people said it didn't. So I'm really confused now. Has anyone tried this? Did it break you out? Even if you haven't tried it, what do you think of the ingredients and the mineral oil?

I tried this stuff. I have mild acne. I used it at night like you want to. I did not break out at all. I tried it during the day with make up, but it made my face too shiny looking. I am using Proactiv because of "that time of the month" breakouts. So I am not using the product now.