Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Im a popper

i pop them and then medicate them with acnefree(generic proactive) and then when im about to go to sleep i use vitamin e cream or oil so i never get scars...and when u get scars u should use vitamin e...look up on google...studies about vitamin e is that it helps sunburns roseacea and any redness and acne scars and any scars...its amazing...and wrinkles..like lines in your fourhead or something...and its very healthy for your skin...good luck

Vitamin E has oil in it, whjch will clog ur poors. My derm told me not to use that, so i suggest u stop using it.. I used it when i was like 14 for like a week, its sticky oil and will clog ur poors

:naughty:

I'm a popper too, I actually glide my hand across my face and try to feel and bumps and go to town on them, I don't think I've ever got a whitehead, except for small pimples, cause I never gave them a chance. I just love hearing the loud snap and seeing the stream of pus fly out and splatter against the mirror. Although most of the time I just squeeze and squeeze and sort of get a blister on top of the zip and that rubs off and leaves raw skin covered zit. It looked like I had ebola sometimes (like the movie Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman) I noticed that zits on the temple area of the head are unpoppable, but I still try. I have no scaring at all....if I scarred I would of stopped popping. Glad to say I don't have anymore zits to pop thanks to the regime.

I really must say that I'm a serious skin picker...oh, and I've been to that website...I'll tell you all what I do to my skin every so many nights apart...I'm not ashamed...not really....guess it just shows I have very little self control...okay, here's what I do...I wash my face and then I get really close to the mirror to look at my pores...at that point I'm okay....I might pick at few places....then I go to the kitchen to get my BP spot treatment out of the frige...I'm thinking "I'll just dot this on a few active spots, nothing more"...then I sit down on my sink in the bathroom and notice that I have a lot of clogged pores...most of the time I start with the chin because the clogged pores there are so noticable...then before for I know it...I've squeezed every pore that had any type of rasied surface...which could be around 100 give or take. Most of the time I get "strings of white stuff" <--- heard someone else on boards explain it this way...normally never infection...I would say it takes me about 20 min to do some major damage...Right now I just got done doing that to myself...my skin is very red and sort of sore...My mother can't stand that I do this to myself...but I can't stand having all that crap down in my pores! I blame most of it on my OCD based personality (not the disorder itself) ....There's really nothing I can do to change my skin...I've done everything you can think of...nothing has helped me....I could teach myself to stop....I'm a psychology major...I know enough about behavior therapy to stop this...Oh well...Now everyone knows my dirty secret!

I am EXACTLY the same way. I absolutely cannot stand to have shit clogging up my pores.

i just pop white heads. Heres a tip :

If you have a whitehead, a good way to get it SUPER RIPE is to put a small glob of neosporin ointment directly on it. Leave it for about 2 hours (this works well at night) go watch tv or surf the net or whatever you do.

By this point sometimes the zit pops itself (the neosporin dissolves the outter layer or something) and the pimple can be popped with ease.

usually all it takes is a swipe from a q tip over the top to remove it and maybe some gentle pressure.

I am a picker/popper too. It is a vicious cycle and like another poster said, my problem is anger and obsessiveness. My mother is a shrink and she said that it is actually a form of self mutilation to pick at your face like I do. I can sit on my sink counter in the bathroom and go for quite awhile. I notice I mostly do it when I am angry or nervous about something.

I actually am on an antianxiety medication and my obsessiveness has really gone down and I don't pick nearly as much. However, I have to conciously walk away from my mirror or not look too hard at my pores. If I am a really good girl, I can clear up pretty well by NOT touching my face. That is why when I finally clear up; I can stay clear if I don't touch.

I am def the same way, i`d never be able to leave a spot with a whitehead on, i also feel my face all the time and as soon as i feel something i am in the mirror making things a whole lot worse! and as soon as it see it comin i squeeze it.. i have been known to sit in the mirror with a pair of tweezers and pick at my skin for hours, picking at fresh spots and dried up ones.. i know it makes it worse but its something that i dont think about til after... i have learnt to control this to a point right now but i still have to pop them..!

I normally wash my face in luke warm water and use tissue to cover my fingers and gently squeeze at it then i re-wash my face to clear it all off and add some germolene and TRY to leave it to heal....