Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Im a popper

i cant stand having a white head on my face. The second it becomes mature and off the surfact, i have to pop it.

I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone else feel this way?

2. What do u recomend for scar-removing.

The scars are worse then my actual acne right now, which really frustrates me. If i didnt have scares my fact would be almost perfectly clear except for the cheek area, so anyone have any suggestions?

i cant stand having a white head on my face. The second it becomes mature and off the surfact, i have to pop it.

I have 2 questions.

1. Does anyone else feel this way?

2. What do u recomend for scar-removing.

The scars are worse then my actual acne right now, which really frustrates me. If i didnt have scares my fact would be almost perfectly clear except for the cheek area, so anyone have any suggestions?

I am the EXACTsame way. I always break out on my cheeks - not bad though - and I have alot of acne scars on my cheeks as well, which makes it look like I have 3 times more acne than I do! My face is also clear, except for my cheeks. Unfortunately, I don't have any advice or suggestions, but it would be nice to have some!

I pop and pick at my face too....a lot of people do...why? probably for a lot of different reasons...I think I pick out of anger...that I'm not clear and more and more stuff/infection keeps coming to the surface...really does suck to pop your zits....really bad habit...causes a lot of damage.

I am a picker too, but i have started really trying not too, because it makes my skin so much worse. I have joined the 48 hour no picking challenge, and am tracking my picking in my log. Not picking is helping my skin clear up alot.

I pop only because red marks are less embarassing than red marks that rise to a massive white puss filed mark in the center. I don't know a single person who would prefer those than a redmark.

Considering I've scared from not popping, and barely scared from popping, it doesn't have a negative effect for my skin... I must simply be careful when I do it (most of the time)

ive popped before and wasnt left with a redmark or scar. i think that just certain pimples are gonna leave a scar no amtter what, whether you pop or dont. *shrug*

It's one thing to pop a pimple that's come to a head. No one wants to walk around with blobs of pus on their faces. So long as you are gentle, it's generally not a problem.

It's quite another thing to go rooting around in your face for every last bit of crap you can squeeze out of it. THAT is a serious picking problem, because it's possible to do lasting damage.

For the serious pickers, here's a link that might be helpful: Stop self injurious skin picking

And for those who were asking about how to deal with scars, I suggest starting with a visit to the Scars forum on this board.

Q

I really must say that I'm a serious skin picker...oh, and I've been to that website...I'll tell you all what I do to my skin every so many nights apart...I'm not ashamed...not really....guess it just shows I have very little self control...okay, here's what I do...I wash my face and then I get really close to the mirror to look at my pores...at that point I'm okay....I might pick at few places....then I go to the kitchen to get my BP spot treatment out of the frige...I'm thinking "I'll just dot this on a few active spots, nothing more"...then I sit down on my sink in the bathroom and notice that I have a lot of clogged pores...most of the time I start with the chin because the clogged pores there are so noticable...then before for I know it...I've squeezed every pore that had any type of rasied surface...which could be around 100 give or take. Most of the time I get "strings of white stuff" <--- heard someone else on boards explain it this way...normally never infection...I would say it takes me about 20 min to do some major damage...Right now I just got done doing that to myself...my skin is very red and sort of sore...My mother can't stand that I do this to myself...but I can't stand having all that crap down in my pores! I blame most of it on my OCD based personality (not the disorder itself) ....There's really nothing I can do to change my skin...I've done everything you can think of...nothing has helped me....I could teach myself to stop....I'm a psychology major...I know enough about behavior therapy to stop this...Oh well...Now everyone knows my dirty secret!

i pop them and then medicate them with acnefree(generic proactive) and then when im about to go to sleep i use vitamin e cream or oil so i never get scars...and when u get scars u should use vitamin e...look up on google...studies about vitamin e is that it helps sunburns roseacea and any redness and acne scars and any scars...its amazing...and wrinkles..like lines in your fourhead or something...and its very healthy for your skin...good luck

Oh, I pop. I dont care what ANYONE says, popping makes them go away faster!!!! I've never had a scar problem...I get acne on my chin though, and my skin is pretty tough there.

Oh, I pop. I dont care what ANYONE says, popping makes them go away faster!!!! I've never had a scar problem...I get acne on my chin though, and my skin is pretty tough there.

i'm with you, i have to pop. i can not walk around with pus on my face. i would never look at anyone in the face. pop or not pop they still scar (sometimes). if i pop they clear faster.

When I pop it's usually to relieve the soreness. I always follow with a dab of neosporin though. I haven't scarred at all which is good. There are times where I do squeeze other stuff out of my face sometimes. It makes me feel better that I'm getting that out of my skin.

I have the problem of popping zits too; however, it is

because my wife tries to pop them all the time. She

enjoys popping zits. I know... I know... It's weird. :D

It is difficult getting her to stop so I am trying to get her

to pop the zits the correct way which isn't as easy as it

sounds. :)

hi, my name is jessie and i am a compulsive picker :shhh:

i pop sometimes, but usually i just pick and pick.. and pick some more. ive done it for years like subconciously. ill be on the computer or watching tv, and i wont even realize that im scratching at my face / scalp / shoulders / back. its been my new years resolution a few times and im always trying to stop but i cant! esp when i used to use BP a long time ago because it would dry out my pimples so that they were the perfect texture to pic!

now that ive started the regimin ive vowed to stop picking, and even tho i cant help it sometimes, ive cut back alot. if i had never picked, i would have such clearer skin because the whole bottom half of my face is covered in scars, and i have a lot on my back/shoulders too.

i tan though at the tanning bed, which has helped the scars on my back/neck(under jaw sorta) because it makes them less noticable. but i dont tan my face so you can still really see them :(

I'm a picker! I hate it when you have a HUGE red bump with a white head! I think that's way more discusting than scabs! It's like walking around and showing the whole world that you have puss on your face! I will be honest though, I am suffering the consequences for it. I have scars and can't leave the house without foundation or else my bad habits are visible.

I hated myself for doing this. I would just look in the mirror and freak out. I'm a lot better about that now and keeping my hands off my face in general.

PFTTT i cant help not feeling my face and taking off dead skin... which i usually do too early and bleeding happens soon after... but i pick my face til i have no whiteheads and use clearisil pads which i am not sure is a good idea but i do anyway

I have the problem of popping zits too; however, it is

because my wife tries to pop them all the time. She

enjoys popping zits. I know... I know... It's weird. :D

It is difficult getting her to stop so I am trying to get her

to pop the zits the correct way which isn't as easy as it

sounds. :)

My older sister is like that! She gets mad at me if I don't let her (which I usually don't) and then I get mad at her for getting mad at me. It's so stupid.

i try not to pop my zits, but sometimes i have to. one time i had a small whitehead on my lip in the morning. and i decided against popping it. and i went to class. i come back about 6 hrs later, and find out that the whitehead on my lip has gotten bigger, and its all oily and nasty. throughout the day im sure people noticed it too. atleast if you pop it early, you wont get all the puss out, but it wont be as big or disgusting later on in the day.

i use to do that, my face got worse and and left scars and marks, strting to lear up now. i dont know how im doing it but i havnt a popped 1 spot or white head in 2 weeks. propably because i know it wil scar and look worse

I try not to pick or poke, but it's hard once you start to see a head forming....I"ve got a big one right under my lip right now, one of those red, swollen sore ones that throbs...I hate this kind cause they take days to come to a head, and I always end up being at work with a pus filled bump all afternoon and i have to wait until i get home to try to pop it!! I usually wait until bedtime to pop, so that I can wipe it down afterwards with a bit of alcohol and dab some polysporin on it and then let it "rest"......but often, i have to pop again the next morning.....

UGGGGG!!!! I hate this!!!

I'm addicted to popping, but I never pick because of the lesson I learned. When I noticed my very first inflamation at the age of 15, I picked it and ended up with my very first scar, a big one :razz: . Ever since, I only pop, I pop alot and I can't help it.

I really must say that I'm a serious skin picker...oh, and I've been to that website...I'll tell you all what I do to my skin every so many nights apart...I'm not ashamed...not really....guess it just shows I have very little self control...okay, here's what I do...I wash my face and then I get really close to the mirror to look at my pores...at that point I'm okay....I might pick at few places....then I go to the kitchen to get my BP spot treatment out of the frige...I'm thinking "I'll just dot this on a few active spots, nothing more"...then I sit down on my sink in the bathroom and notice that I have a lot of clogged pores...most of the time I start with the chin because the clogged pores there are so noticable...then before for I know it...I've squeezed every pore that had any type of rasied surface...which could be around 100 give or take. Most of the time I get "strings of white stuff" <--- heard someone else on boards explain it this way...normally never infection...I would say it takes me about 20 min to do some major damage...Right now I just got done doing that to myself...my skin is very red and sort of sore...My mother can't stand that I do this to myself...but I can't stand having all that crap down in my pores! I blame most of it on my OCD based personality (not the disorder itself) ....There's really nothing I can do to change my skin...I've done everything you can think of...nothing has helped me....I could teach myself to stop....I'm a psychology major...I know enough about behavior therapy to stop this...Oh well...Now everyone knows my dirty secret!

I guess that is why we are all here -- we have problems. At least you are honest about it!!!!

I take care of my face in a bathroom where I have unscrewed the light bulbs above my mirror. If the light is lower, I don't see the glaring whiteheads and don't squeeze them. I have the same problem. I HATE to see the JUNK in my face. My husband tells me that he didn't see any problem on my face before I squeezed it. After I squeeze it it looks terrible and then has to heal. Also, I got this habit from watching my mother do it. I am new here and am going to start a new regimen to clear my face up. I have thought that exfoliating was the key and have irritated my face more. Also, I work outside all day in the sun in a landscaping business. There is a lot of dust and dirt. I slather on sunscreen in the summer, but it attacts more dirt. I have been using hypo-allergenic baby wipes and putting on more sunscreen. But keeping my hands off my face has been a problem.

Turning down the lights in my bathroom has been working for me. I get to the business of taking care of my face and don't look so closely in the mirror.

Hope this helps!

Debbie

I'm a popper too, I actually glide my hand across my face and try to feel and bumps and go to town on them, I don't think I've ever got a whitehead, except for small pimples, cause I never gave them a chance. I just love hearing the loud snap and seeing the stream of pus fly out and splatter against the mirror. Although most of the time I just squeeze and squeeze and sort of get a blister on top of the zip and that rubs off and leaves raw skin covered zit. It looked like I had ebola sometimes (like the movie Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman) I noticed that zits on the temple area of the head are unpoppable, but I still try. I have no scaring at all....if I scarred I would of stopped popping. Glad to say I don't have anymore zits to pop thanks to the regime.