Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

PLEASE HELP ME...POTENTIAL ACCUTANE USER!!

I have heard the bad and the good of accutane. I can take dry skin for 20 weeks, if it means 7+ years of clear skin which by then i hope i would have outgrown acne which most people do. (im 15 yrs old). My mom doesnt want me to take it b/c of the "serious side-effects" but there is about a 1 in a million chance im gonna have suicidal thoughts. Other then when i have a gigantic pimple on my face, im a really confident and fun person. I dont THINK i will have any depression b/c i usually can control my emotions.

For previous accutane users, please tell me if it worked, caused any side effects, made it worse, made it better, u kno things like that. I wanna get it b/c i dont want to have the hassle of dealing with this for the rest of my teenage life. I want to get rid of acne. When i see people rubbing their faces i just get jealous for some reason b/c i have an oily face and would never do that.

I only have mild acne, but the scars are killing me. I try not to pop whiteheads, but i just cant stand looking at them and knowing that when im talking to people at school they are looking at it/them too.

HELP Please! I want to make a decision fast, so i wont go deep into the weeks of summer with the treatment, if i decide to do it.

I have heard the bad and the good of accutane. I can take dry skin for 20 weeks, if it means 7+ years of clear skin which by then i hope i would have outgrown acne which most people do. (im 15 yrs old). My mom doesnt want me to take it b/c of the "serious side-effects" but there is about a 1 in a million chance im gonna have suicidal thoughts. Other then when i have a gigantic pimple on my face, im a really confident and fun person. I dont THINK i will have any depression b/c i usually can control my emotions.

For previous accutane users, please tell me if it worked, caused any side effects, made it worse, made it better, u kno things like that. I wanna get it b/c i dont want to have the hassle of dealing with this for the rest of my teenage life. I want to get rid of acne. When i see people rubbing their faces i just get jealous for some reason b/c i have an oily face and would never do that.

I only have mild acne, but the scars are killing me. I try not to pop whiteheads, but i just cant stand looking at them and knowing that when im talking to people at school they are looking at it/them too.

HELP Please! I want to make a decision fast, so i wont go deep into the weeks of summer with the treatment, if i decide to do it.

could u possibly post a pic?

If anyone has used it, did it cause dry skin, and if yes did moisturizer make that go away? I am probably 80/20 FOR accutane at this point, but since my acne is only mild, im skeptical. I figure though if i dont stop my acne now, the scars will keep piling up. My derm told me accutane pretty much ceases any acne production for 7 years, hoping that u outgrow it by then. True?

Dude, I'm in the EXACT same situation as you. Mild acne, considering trying to get Accutane, 15 years old etc etc. I'm actually stopping all acne treatment to try and make my acne worse before going to see the doctor, heh.

Guest chon_bon

accutane would be a last resort kind of thing because it does have side effects... i would recomend trying the regimen. you're still pretty young so maybe its just a phase.

I have moderate acne too but has become a lot worse with stress this week. I'm going to a dermatologist this saturday and see if I can get some Accutane too. I also have back, should, chest acne and I'm almost 16. Will post saying if I was able to get some or not.

i went through accutane.... its awesome. I had really, really bad skin, i went on accutane, delt with the dryness (which wasnt even that bad for me, just have chapstick and some moisturizer) and had no emotional side effects whatsoever. Now, my face is clear except for a couple small pimples that are barely noticeable.... I have been off accutane for 10 months now.... I would say the biggest struggle is trying to eliminate the red marks that the pimples leave behind. I suggest that anyone who has serious acne and feels like it is controlling their lives and restricting them emotionally... do it as soon as possible. I'm 19 now..... for you 15 year olds, go on accutane and knock acne out as soon as you can.

i went through accutane.... its awesome. I had really, really bad skin, i went on accutane, delt with the dryness (which wasnt even that bad for me, just have chapstick and some moisturizer) and had no emotional side effects whatsoever. Now, my face is clear except for a couple small pimples that are barely noticeable.... I have been off accutane for 10 months now.... I would say the biggest struggle is trying to eliminate the red marks that the pimples leave behind. I suggest that anyone who has serious acne and feels like it is controlling their lives and restricting them emotionally... do it as soon as possible. I'm 19 now..... for you 15 year olds, go on accutane and knock acne out as soon as you can.

if your clear what are u doing ont his forum? sorry I just want to know

wow when i went on accutane it was shit for me, never felt so dry in my whole life, i had a nose bleed at least 3 times a day everyday... it wasnt that depressing since i went to a private skool so i didnt have to look good or nething, but the side effects from taking it is really really annoying.... i dun think i took a moisturizer :wall:

In the end accutane didnt clear me up fully which was when i was 15 years old(had acne since i was 13). i broke out prob 6 months after being on accutane. im 18 now and im preety much clear after being on proactive for 3 months then directly switching to dans regime since proactive only temporarily clears u up and keeps u under control for only a short time

but yea it might be good for you if the acne is really bad.. u cud always try accutane since it works for a lot of ppl but i wud only use it if ur acne is super bad.

but i think the biggest reason my acne cleared up is cause of my diet and health while being on dan regime, havent drank a softdrink for 16 months, havent eaten any fast food, drank over 8+ glasses of water a day, eat vitamin supplements including vitamin C, A, E and including zinc, ummm exercise everyday, eat a lot of fruits everyday mostly at night all that crap.

not only does it keep ur body healthy and stuff, but it makes u look good too.

wow when i went on accutane it was shit for me, never felt so dry in my whole life, i had a nose bleed at least 3 times a day everyday... it wasnt that depressing since i went to a private skool so i didnt have to look good or nething, but the side effects from taking it is really really annoying.... i dun think i took a moisturizer :wall:

In the end accutane didnt clear me up fully which was when i was 15 years old(had acne since i was 13). i broke out prob 6 months after being on accutane. im 18 now and im preety much clear after being on proactive for 3 months then directly switching to dans regime since proactive only temporarily clears u up and keeps u under control for only a short time

but yea it might be good for you if the acne is really bad.. u cud always try accutane since it works for a lot of ppl but i wud only use it if ur acne is super bad.

but i think the biggest reason my acne cleared up is cause of my diet and health while being on dan regime, havent drank a softdrink for 16 months, havent eaten any fast food, drank over 8+ glasses of water a day, eat vitamin supplements including vitamin C, A, E and including zinc, ummm exercise everyday, eat a lot of fruits everyday mostly at night all that crap.

accutane wont only work if your skin is bad...who todl u that?

accutane wont only work if your skin is bad...who todl u that?

what??.. i dun get what ur asking. i didnt say that it wont work if ur skin is only bad, i just said that its best to use it as a last resort due to its costs and side effects. wats the point of using accutane if ur only suffering from minor acne, where as u cud jsut be consistent with a simple regime to get rid of it rather then going on accutane then risk breaking out again afterwards.

you could always go on accutane to clear everything up then go on a regime afterwards if u notice that your breaking out again.. but that wud just be a even longer process and waste more time if ur acne is only mild