Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poogle

Restyline Injection now I have lumps

I just got a Restyline injection today with Dr. Sire in the morning. Some spots still kinda hurt (like as if there's too much stuff injected, it feels full). Also, when I feel my face, I feel lumps. It doesn't feel smooth.

The last time I went there I got saline injections and it didn't feel like this nor hurt like this afterwards.

Is this a sign of over-injection? If so what can be done about it?

Generally it takes a while to smooth out. In my case though with Perlane, a thicker form of the product, I was overfilled to the point that some of the product moved outside the skin. Also it's been many months and the stuff hasn't receded and I'm being told it may be scarring now. But at this early phase don't panic. Some doctors say to massage--you should check.

I just got a Restyline injection today with Dr. Sire in the morning. Some spots still kinda hurt (like as if there's too much stuff injected, it feels full). Also, when I feel my face, I feel lumps. It doesn't feel smooth.

The last time I went there I got saline injections and it didn't feel like this nor hurt like this afterwards.

Give it some time. An over correction can take a month or more to smooth out but the results will last that much longer. You should go for little touch-ups instead of less often larger injections and there is no reason the material can't be refrigerated until your next visit.

Wow, I had restylane on the same day that you did. It was sore and hard, lumpy for a couple of days but now(1 week later) it feels like nothing is left except for one spot.

I went back to the Dr. because it seemed like it all just disappeared, but we had done it conservatively since I was afraid of overfilling so I think I'll get braver next time and have a little more.

You should be happy you got over injected...it will last much longer!

My former dermatologist injected me with Restylane when it first came out, about a year and a half ago I believe. She injected way too much, and to this day I still have about 5 lumps on my face that never went down. I felt like I was used as a guinea pig. My new dermatologist is currently doing Fraxel on me, and he claims the Restylane should go down some from this. I've had 3 treatments, and it is somewhat softer and smaller. Yours may still be just swelling. I hope so!