Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rez

Meanest thing that someone has said about your acne

sidenote: i have been in alot of identical situations as mentioned before on previous reply's all before the age of 20 (im 90 atm)

wow, i would have thought you would be over all of that by now wink.png

i am but the memories are still there, i didn't type the replys im talking about. those are the ones i'v been reading along the way so far im up to page 23 lol i plan on reading it ALL!! eventually... ohhh lmao im not 90 plp it was a typo just 19 haha Edited by fatalbert911

My daughter likes to try to kiss my "owies". I know she is only 3, and she's doing what she thinks is a compassionate, loving thing. But knowing that it is that obvious to a toddler makes me a little bit sick inside.

You're 90? wow....

Oh the usual:

"what happened to your face?"

"you should go to a doctor/take meds"

And everytime my mom and i disagree on something, she blames my acne. "you keep doing that, that's why you have acne!". One time I'm rubbing disinfectant alcohol on my hands and when she saw it "are you rubbing alchol on your face? that's why you have acne". ugh

rolleyes.gif

Mine has significantly cleared up and I wasn't really teased about my acne in middle school at all as much as elementary really. The ones I remember hating were the "Have you ever tried washing your face?" -____________- really. REALLY!?! Like I haven't tried WASHING MY FACE! HA! And sometimes they truly meant it omg -__________- Also I was talking to my "friend" in like the 5th grade and she just looks right at my zit and goes "Why haven't you popped that? Go in the bathroom and pop that right now I can't even look at you!" and that's what started me on my horrible popping habit... The one that hurt the most was probably when I got in a fight with a boy (5th grade) and he just looked at me and goes "WELL YOU HAVE PIMPLES!" so loud that the whole class heard and I just felt like running out of the room and crying :/

Hmm maybe back in grade 8, 2 boys were making fun of my 'acne' (I literally had less than like 6 pimples) and said my whole face was just whole giant pimple.

well, this wasn't said to me but my friend. It was in middle school and she had really bad acne, like one's that blend in with your skin color. :(

so we were in gym period and just talking outside in the tracks. This girl just randomly comes up to her and asks "OMG DOES THAT HURTTT??" she points at her face so we knew what she was referring to. I was so shocked and so was my friend. we just walked away and didn't talk about it. Just moved on.

I've never really had anyone say anything mean to me straight up about my acne, but I think were it hit me was when at my old job I had two young children comment on it.

"What is that red stuff all over your face?" "What is wrong with your skin?" was pretty much what I was asked both times. I know they didn't mean anything by it and they didn't know or understand, but I was embarrassed and it kind of hit me hard. ):

Another time when my best friend and I were taking taking a photo together and her boyfriend, who was taking the photo, told us to squish I faces together for the photo and she was afraid to actually touch my skin. D: I understand, but it still hurt.

Edited by xnavehx

In a class two girls were checking me out and vice versa. Than one girl said to another "I don't know why I am attracted to him". The other girl said " he is cute" . "No he is got this red spots all over".

In all honesty, the key is to take those "insults" light heartedly.

I used to get pissed whenever somebody made a comment, now I just laugh and really don't mind it.

The bigger of a reaction you have, the more they'll do it.

Little girl asking me why I had booboos all over my face. It sucks because you know that everyone else thinks a similar thing and the girl just doesn't know better.

Little girl on a plane: Mummy, whats on that girls face, its really big''

Dermatologist: So i'm guessing you're here today because of acne on your face

Mum: Are you still taking your medication

Me and my 'friends' were once drawing silly pictures of each other in class and one drew me with loads of acne and dark circles :(

The worst is when you do your makeup and hair and feel sort of pretty and then you feel someone looking at the mess on your face

A classmate was whining about a couple of pimples on her forehead. Another classmate's comment: "You better look at Tina's (me) face and shut up. Your's is nothing."

My dad's girlfriend's sister - "Just please don't confuse our pillows - I wouldn't like to accidentally put my face on your pillow! Yuk." ( she was always openly disgusted by my acne)

A guy I used to date - "Have you tried washing your face or something?" (that was the last date, ofc)

A friend, after not seeing me for a while - "OMG I thought back then it was bad, but now it looks like you've got smallpox" (we're not friends anymore, but for different reasons)

Today, a hairdresser said that my skin looks like a surface of a moon.

F**k you all who said these things. ;)

LOL this thread is hilarious and sad at the same time. But hey, we're all on the same boat!

These are a couple that I can recall:

• Kids staring at me and whispering among themselves... causing me a heartbreak every damn time. Even though I'm sure they don't mean any harm, they're just curious.
  • "You look like cheese", "You look like the surface of the moon", etc.
  • "You've got a boyfriend? With that face? No way".
  • "You gotta stop eating so much chocolate" (as if it was related)
  • "You should wear more make up". Ehm, no, I shouldn't.

OH i forgot this one! A UNIVERSITY TEACHER said this:

"Guys, you better start studying hard now, you're no longer in high school, you're no longer teens with spotty faces."

A bullet through my heart.

Edited by Guest

I was on break at a job and was drinking egg whites (needed protein since I lift weights) Then a supervisor saw me drinking it and said.. "That causes pimples.. that's why your skin got worse, 'cause of that" I don't know the exact wording, but was something like that. That made me feel bad,,, he said that in front of the workers oompf.gif that was a long time ago.. like 4-5 years.

Edited by Ghostunit

My grandpa would always be like, "What is on your face!?' or "Stop picking it and it won't scar!" (They scar no matter what).

Or it's something they do...

My grandpa randomly bought me ProActiv. On the outside I was like, "Thanks grandpa!" but in the inside I was like eusa_wall.gifshrug.gifsad.png .

Or there is my mom who points it out CONSTANTLY. "Jenny, you need to do something about your face!" I know she's only trying to help because she suffered from acne as well, but it just hurts when it is pointed out.

But when someone else points it out that is not my mom I just pretend it does not bug me and that it does not depress me. I just try and stay strong and just continue going through my day makeupless. Just because people point it out does not mean i am going to it take me over like it has before. I am trying to get rid of if. I am trying all I can. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger right? glare.gif

"When were you involved in a train wreck"

Economics teacher in front of the class "The good, the bad and the ugly" giving me a stare

The worst one I can remember "We should put up a poster saying if you are feeling depressed, take a moment and think at least you don't look like this guy (referencing to myself)" Needless to say I chose never to hang round those so called "mates" again

I really just can't wait to be clear, I don't get the point of making comparisons to people either worse off than you or better off than you because everyone's problems affect them in different ways. In a superficial world acne is awful in causing psychological damage socially as you are always being labelled about something as if it's YOUR fault, which is very hard to make an impact on as their is no official cure.

What it has taught me though is to never take anything for granted and that it is always important to try and emphasize with people when suffering with something that may not cause suffering to myself as everyone is different and deserve to be treated with respect. However, if I hear another person complaining of a tiny zit on their skin in front of me the only empathy they will get is a punch to the face wink.png

Edited by Waddles321

I suffer from bad bacne for years and mild facial acne that didnt bother me know one said anything about the bacne coz I was covered up and wore makeup on my face. Then I started working for DERMALOGICA. And used there products my face became really bad arghhhh so hard to sell skin care when ur face is bad! One day it was so bad like cystic on my jawline I didn't wear makeup! Deff noticed I made less sales lol. But il never forgot that day cause a co worker came out of nowhere when I was in mid conversation with someone (customer!!!!) and said "you got real bad breakout!" ... Fair to say I almost broke down and the customer even told her that she shouldn't point out things like that etc etc...

This morning I was helping my 7 year old brother do a craft. He was using little (not sure what they're called) fuzzy colorful balls to decorate paper bags and make puppets. Not really the point...anyways, my brother said he can make a puppet that looks like me because they had red balls like my acne. :(

My personal favorite is when people tell you about an over the counter face wash that will clear up your skin because if it works on their own face it must work on every other single persons skin in the world. Do people think we don't wash our faces? Do people think we haven't gone to the dermatologists and tried almost every kind of pill there is to offer? Do people think we don't watch what food and the amount of sugar we put into our body? Do people think that we want acne all over our face??? Did we ask for this? Are we dealing with this? Will things eventually get better? I have had sever acne since the age of 16 and my skin didn't calm down for 7 years. I am now 29 years old and I still use my regimen daily. I have only a few pimples here and there but do have physical scarring and minor discoloration from all of the old acne. That's not the hard part. The hard part is all of the psychological and emotion scarring that is still with me to this very day. Maybe its because I've heard remarks such as:

1. "Wow you're really breaking out"

2. "That kid has the worst acne I've ever seen in my life"

3. "What's that on your face?"

4. I was a waiter in a restaurant one time and customer who seemed to only have positive intentions slipped me a piece of paper that said "proactiv" on it and he said that it cleared his son's acne right up. (It hurts when people that haven't lived this try to help and give you advice on something they don't know very much about)

I was always ready and waiting for someone to say something and I would watch people's eyes and always catch them staring at my skin. I knew what was coming and that sucked. Just someone looking at your skin hurts. I remember 10 years ago I was at this same website and I thought to myself that my skin would never clear up and that I tried everything and I remember feeling very helpless and hopeless. But here I am today to say that things do get better and will get better. Things took a long time to improve but they did. If I could say anything to the old me that was at this site 10 years ago it would be "Smile kid because you're going to do some pretty amazing shit in your life and that acne isn't going to stop you from accomplishing any of it."

This definitely isn't the meanest as he was my friend and was trying to give me advice during one of my breakouts, he told me the ever so dreadful "you should wash your face."

I think that hits a nerve more than any intended insult lol.