Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rez

Meanest thing that someone has said about your acne

"Oh my God, your skin looks terrible. You should try Proactiv." - My so-called friend.

I didn't leave the house for three days after that. :ninja:

Well, I work at an elementary school, and today my skin was a bit flushed because of the weather, not bad, but some kid says, "Why do you have bad skin?" I just ignored it. I know my skin doesn't look bad, but it was awkward.

My brother is actually the cruelest person about my spots. iv got a large bump on my face and were in the car with my mum going home and he said "why dont you freeze it and take an ice pick to it?" he started laughing and then the worst bit was my mum started laughing at me too... i almost cried in the car but i just went straight to my room as soon as i oculd get out the car.

When I was in the locker room at University before dissection, two girls on the other side of the lockers were speaking, didn't know I was there;

"y'know that guy Mark at Adam & Lydias' table?"

"No, who's Mark?"

"The guy with the acne?"

"Aw right, ok..."

I'm a 19 year old guy and I went back to my halls and cried & cried. I've always been so popular all my life, with guys and girls. Now though, this condition has absolutely crippled any self-esteem and self confidence I had, I'm away from home at uni and didn't make any new friends last year 'cos I wouldn't speak to anyone. Hearing that devastated me, I've always been friends with everyone, now it's like "is this the only way that people know me by?"

I've never been so hurt by something in my life.

one time i was babysitting for this little boy and he saw me once without my makeup on. he said, "what are those red dots on your face?" i responded by saying, "You'll understand when you're older".

hi all. Im new here and this is my 1st post.

some things people have said in the past that really stand out...

in 7th grade a kid who walkd up to me and started counting my zits, after he got to 10 or so he said I give up! that was the first time I cussed anybody out, which in 7th grade most kids arent prepared for. he never spoke to me again.

I hate it when my dad walks up to me all close staring at my face and says i need to spend more time in the sun cuz it helps, or wow youre really breaking out today... do u need some more facewash? i know hes being concerned, but sometimes it really seems like hes trying to make me feel like shit on purpose.

one time I overheard a girl I knew talking to her friends about how no girl could ever kiss a guy with acne all over his face because nobody wants to make out with a pimple.

a "friend" once said that I wouldnt be me without the acne. As if the acne defines who i am.

anywho theres probably more but oh well...

I just hate how people look at me when theyre talking to me. I'm 22 now and my acne is almost gone, but I still get the occasional boil or nodule... but the red marks arent going away, so ppl think i still have really bad acne. I hate how noone has sympathy for acne problems. They just dont understand. my mental image of myself doesnt have a face, and I still avoid mirrors and cameras like the plague because they only serve as grim reminders. I've had thoughts like taking a razor blade and just scraping all the skin off my face or worse in the past, and though i would never act on such vile ideas the facet remains the same: I dont have a face. I'm not a person. I'm just a walking pimple. At least thats how I feel sometimes... jeez sorry for going on and on but that felt realy good to finally say... thanks for listening and i love u all :wub:

i know i posted one earlier, but there was one other time i had a pretty shitty incident relating to my acne.

there was this nurse at my dr's office one time. she was talking to me about my acne and seemed pretty nice. i left feeling pretty confident that my skin was getting better...

about a week later i called the dr's office because i had some questions about my meds. i was talking with her on the phone and she was a complete bitch. this is a little of how our conversation went...

me-"I'm just calling because i've noticed the cream is making me break out more then ever and my face has become very red and irritated".

the nurse-"i've never had anyone not have success with this. maybe one in a hundred".

me-"is there anything i can use to make the itching and redness calm down?"

the nurse-(in a real agitated voice) "well, not really. your acne isn't going to magically disappear. it's part of the process."

me-"i guess after dealing with this for so long i just would like to find something that helps".

the nurse-(now more agitated then before) "well...i think that's the reason people keep looking...if there was an answer acne wouldn't exsist".

by this time i was ready to slam the phone down, but politely (your parents always teach you to be polite) said thank you and good bye.

this nurse no longer works at the dr's office...thank god!!!! :D

I remember in my english class, some popular kid shouted out really loudly 'WTF happened to your face its disgusting' and the whole class were all quiet after that.

I don't remember how I reated, I guess I blocked it all out.

Another time, it hurt to think some other kids just kept hassling me about my face, I guess things like that made me wanna go and die.

BUT, that was a few years ago, I guess you kinda forget, or suppress that kinda thing.

I think the worst comments are those people make unintentionally. I have never had anyone say anything particularly mean about my skin, but I am also not that sensitive to strangers or people I don't know (that's how I can get by anyway). The worst is when my friends will complain about one pimple that I can't even see or make comments about how ugly some other girl is because she has bad skin. Those have really stung.

Well, my mom regularly accused me of "destroying my face". Maybe I did pick on it and try a lot of products and methods on it, some harsher than others, but what else are you supposed to do besides sitting and doing nothing about it. And it was all the more difficult as this was someone I had to encounter every day.

To the above poster, I agree that it stings when you overhear others talking about someone with bad skin. Or when they mistakenly do it in your presence...kind of uncomfortable

Just a couple of days ago this little brother of a friend after noticing that this friend and i look alike said:

"Oh you guys look like twins, how will i tell who's who? Oh I know you have pimples and she doesn't."

Imagine how that made me feel...

This friend once looking at a picture of me said:

"Did you edit this picture because I can't see your pimples and marks."

*sniff* *sniff* :wall:

I still remember when I was in 8th grade (my acne was at its worst), I had a girl on the bus tell me that my face looks like a rash on baby's bottom.

Same year, I had two different people (both adults), who haven't seen me a while say, "OMG, what happened to your face?" :doubt:

I have been there so many times. No one is perfect. try to disregard any negetive people or thoughts that come in through your acne. Breathe in positive energy, breathe out negetive energy. Surround yourself with fun positive people. that includes a dermatologist who is positive and not negetive about your acne. It happens to all sorts of people, I worked with a girl who had a piturity tumor and it made her gain weight in her stomach, everyone kept asking her when her baby was due. Heavy people get the same treatment, so do people with disabilities, deaf people, people who walk with limps, burn victims. My husband went bald at a very early age. People use to make all sorts of terrible comments to him. Maybe that why we got married, because we understood each other and our very compassionate to people with issues. You will grow from these situations, it will only make you stronger.

I think my acne was worst in grade 8 and kids at that time can be particularly cruel. I had a girlfriend and this kid in my class always used to ask me "is she blind? or disfigured?", and it got aggravating after the first couple of weeks (it happened like EVERY day). Some of the stories on here are just awful though... I can't even imagine some of those scenarios, especially from ADULTS, don't they have any perception of how that would make someone feel?

I guess i'm lucky in the sense that people didn't direct too rude of comments to me (at least to my face) after junior high. Sometimes I used to assume that they were secretly thinking it but I guess that was just paranoia. Luckily i'm in university now and I know even if my face was 100 times worse than it really is I think most people would be respectful enough to not point it out.

I had a friend who is very critical of people's appearances and notices everything. Of course my acne did not escape his notice. Week after week, he never failed to comment on the state of my acne.

The worst one I remember was,

'Hey, your acne seems better now. But then again, I wouldn't know for sure because you had so many old ones that new ones just seem to blend in....'

i have so many.

"do you have poison ivy on your face" 8 year old at a summer camp i worked at

"do you have the chicken pox?" another kid from the camp

"how come your acne is so bad on the one side of your face. you look like darth vader" friend

one time i went to my doctor because i needed medication for impetigo i got during wrestling season and i got into a fight with him because claims i never ever did anything to clear up my skin. he said "youve never done anything i can look at your face and tell"

"the only thing you know how to do is rub dirt on your face"

"have you ever tried clearisil"

"have you ever heard of proactiv?"

"do they hurt"

"your face looks really really bad today michael" my mom!

"take the pepperoni off you face"

Yeah. Loads. Especially when you're in a secondary school where all the people who smoke and eat lots of junk food get flawless skin and you have whiteheads all over your visage.

"EEYER what's on your face."

"Moon face."

"Don't come near me or I'll get what you got."

"You are so disgusting no guy would like you."

"Who the heck'll want to kiss you?!"

"Please, get out of my face I can't stand to see your clogged pores."

My best friend (who is a hot guy at that) got dissed because of my face. The girls (who liked him) would all cluster around him and remark, "why would you want to hang around with her? You will also get it! Acne is contagious! How would you kiss her with all her oils on her face?!" :doubt:

And I absloutely hate those who think that by just plain washing your face you'll get miraclously cleared or something. If it's so easy everyone's face would be clear by now would it. :evil:

My mum doesn't usually point out my acne, apparently she 'never notices it'. Which is bollocks. I've been getting bad breakouts recently probably due to using the wrong cleaning products. I get through the door after being in college and she says "I see you've got spots again..."

...No shit!! Like I haven't noticed at all. Naturally she blamed the stuff I was using and she's probably right but when your mum mentions your acne you know it's bad. Now I feel shit. I've also had insults like you guys, the worst being from small kids "What's on his face?". I hope when he grows up and gets it himself he'll think back to the day he questioned it.

A friend of mine whom I was very close with HS had severe, severe cystic acne and the things that people would say to him at first left me stunned and speechless, and then after awhile I started cussing them out for it.

He never cried or even looked upset when they would say these things, which to this day kind of astounds me. I do know that it really hurt him, though. People can be such fuckers.

Ugh, I just wish people would bug off when it comes down to it. If people say things about my skin, I just have no clue how to react.

I think the one that really hurt me was when one of my friends was looking in the mirror and was upset that she had one tiny little zit. Okay, if your lucky enough to have perfect skin, this can seem like a big deal I guess.

I replied with "Well be thankful its only one hon, I've had this lot on my face for years."

To which I got the repsponse of; "Well. Maybe if you WASHED more, you know, that stuff called soap? It works wonders."

I've got a few from family members too, like;

"Oh its like brail! People could read off your face!"

" Your skin is terrible! How can you go out like that!?" Yeah...its always been like that, you just caught me without my trowel of make-up on. -_-

"You remind me of a leper or something."

"You're going on about your skin again? Stop whining! Do something about it for gods sake!"

I love family support. -_-

I think the one that really hurt me was when one of my friends was looking in the mirror and was upset that she had one tiny little zit. Okay, if your lucky enough to have perfect skin, this can seem like a big deal I guess.

I replied with "Well be thankful its only one hon, I've had this lot on my face for years."

To which I got the repsponse of; "Well. Maybe if you WASHED more, you know, that stuff called soap? It works wonders."

Fucking.... Wow.

I have no idea how you could have handled that, I really admire your patience and calm temperament. Especially from a FRIEND.

There was a lad who started hanging out with my crew for a little bit who made a cutting remark about my acne that was much less offensive than that and I punched him in the mouth. It was good, none of my mates stepped in or did anything about it when he was whinging and whining. He just stopped hanging around us... I do regret it now, though.

So big ups to you.

People mostly laugh about me behind my back. The meanest thing I think however is how they avoid eye contact with me. But the meanest remark I heard was from this man on the bus who said that I had herpes loud enough for everyone to turn my way and glance at me.

Crash

Ive had some pretty mean comments thrown at me by women which ive had relations with but it doesnt really get to me. When it comes down to it acne isnt the end of the world and just like everyone else I have certain things going for me that other people coul only dream of. I never react to peoples comments with an insult back because not only is is stooping to there level but it lets them know that they were successful in there objective. Walking away not only leaves them with guilt but also lets them know that they were apparently not as important as they had hoped and their remarks have no bearing on the way I live my life. Let people say what they want because it helps them with there insecurities.

these second graders i taught at VBS (who were cute and awesome) said I had alot of freckles. it made me laugh. til i heard these middle schoolers later saying 'he has freckels! LOL OMG!'. stupids