Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mjoyce

Finished Accutane, thinking of starting BP?

You might remember me, I've been off accutane since late january, and this past week or 2 the dry chapped lip symptoms have gone away. Haven't had to use lip balm lately. My skin did get more clear but I still have clogged pores and some acne still, but not as bad as it was before.

I'm about to order 2 BP gel's off clearskinregime.com is it safe to use BP after using accutane? I'm gonna read the directions and probably order it, I was on accutane for 5 months and i drank a moderate amount during the treatment so i'm sure the accutane could have worked better. Any input? I will never go on accutane again, didn't feel the mental side effects per se, but the physical side effects with the chapped lips, dry eyes, and sensitive and red skin was pretty horrible, and going to bars was rough on it. Anyways i'd love to get some input from anyone thanks

p.s. i have a pic but i cant find my digital camera cord so i will look for it shit

I would just try to keep it simple if I were you. Maybe exfoliate every couple a days with baking soda, gently. But other than that, I would wash with a gentle cleaser, and moisturise, that's it.

That's just my opinion though. Less is more........sometimes.

You might remember me, I've been off accutane since late january, and this past week or 2 the dry chapped lip symptoms have gone away. Haven't had to use lip balm lately. My skin did get more clear but I still have clogged pores and some acne still, but not as bad as it was before.

I'm about to order 2 BP gel's off clearskinregime.com is it safe to use BP after using accutane? I'm gonna read the directions and probably order it, I was on accutane for 5 months and i drank a moderate amount during the treatment so i'm sure the accutane could have worked better. Any input? I will never go on accutane again, didn't feel the mental side effects per se, but the physical side effects with the chapped lips, dry eyes, and sensitive and red skin was pretty horrible, and going to bars was rough on it. Anyways i'd love to get some input from anyone thanks

p.s. i have a pic but i cant find my digital camera cord so i will look for it shit

i wouldnt use BP you could end up over stimulating your oil glands again perhaps? i was told just to keep it simple afterwards and now i'm getting these annoying tiny bumps everywhere so gonna start exfolating. if not going to give slightly lower dose accutane a try again :( not fun

i just phoned my derm today-he is prescribing DUAC GEL. He says it doesnt stimulate oil and some people here have had success with it. apparently your skin may respond better to topicals after accutane. jus not too sure about the BP tho. am gonna try this gel for 6 weeks max and if i need another course of accutane-so be it

i just phoned my derm today-he is prescribing DUAC GEL. He says it doesnt stimulate oil and some people here have had success with it. apparently your skin may respond better to topicals after accutane. jus not too sure about the BP tho. am gonna try this gel for 6 weeks max and if i need another course of accutane-so be it

Um...Duac Gel is BP...it's 5%BP and 1% clindamycin. Who says BP stimulates sebum production anyway? There are conflicting studies on that one, and from the looks of it, it may actually reduce sebum production.....

I'd probably just use a topical retinoid like retin-a micro every other night just as maintnence....

Um...Duac Gel is BP...it's 5%BP and 1% clindamycin. Who says BP stimulates sebum production anyway? There are conflicting studies on that one, and from the looks of it, it may actually reduce sebum production.....

I'd probably just use a topical retinoid like retin-a micro every other night just as maintnence....

GOD SORRY THEN!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Wow thanks for all the replies everybody. I thought everyone would say go for it on the BP but it seems I should take a cautious approach. Oh well, I already ordered 2 tubes of BP and they were shipped out today so I should get it soon.

Exfoliate with baking soda? Never done that and don't know how. I did use baking soda on my dry/peely skin when I was in the middle of my accutane treatment but that is about it. I'm pretty sure I've tried benzoyl peroxide before but I for sure have taken clindamycin and eryderm before. Minocycline did not work prior to accutane treatment.

Also, my eye doctor of all people swears by doxycycline. It didn't work for me, but he says it cleared up his nephew after he was off accutane. Basically, I never want to go an accutane again and might consider doxycycline. For now, I will stick with my regimen that involves:

morning & night wash face with cetaphil

moisturize with st. ive's

I will be incorporating BP morning and night once I receive it and will report back with results. thanks for all the input i love it people.

Wow thanks for all the replies everybody. I thought everyone would say go for it on the BP but it seems I should take a cautious approach. Oh well, I already ordered 2 tubes of BP and they were shipped out today so I should get it soon.

Exfoliate with baking soda? Never done that and don't know how. I did use baking soda on my dry/peely skin when I was in the middle of my accutane treatment but that is about it. I'm pretty sure I've tried benzoyl peroxide before but I for sure have taken clindamycin and eryderm before. Minocycline did not work prior to accutane treatment.

Also, my eye doctor of all people swears by doxycycline. It didn't work for me, but he says it cleared up his nephew after he was off accutane. Basically, I never want to go an accutane again and might consider doxycycline. For now, I will stick with my regimen that involves:

morning & night wash face with cetaphil

moisturize with st. ive's

I will be incorporating BP morning and night once I receive it and will report back with results. thanks for all the input i love it people.

That's alot of BP for clear skin. What about every 2 or 3 days?

Well the regimen says to do it morning and night. I guess I'll just try once a day at first then gradually increase the amount I use.

You think I should put it on every 2 or 3 days? that doesnt sound like a formula for success but we'll see.

Well the regimen says to do it morning and night. I guess I'll just try once a day at first then gradually increase the amount I use.

You think I should put it on every 2 or 3 days? that doesnt sound like a formula for success but we'll see.

Right after accutane, I don't think you should do anything cept moiturise, so yeah, on clear skin, BP every 2-3 days should be enough. IMO

on clear skin? even though i'm off accutane i still have acne. the cysts are not active that i had though and i still have clogged pores on my nose and my cheek bones, which definitely looks substantially better than pre-accutane. 2 - 3 days eh? i'll give it a shot every other day starting i'm sure everyday right away would shock my skin. thanks T