Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Beaker

Spironolactone breakout?

OH NO.....I'm gogin on accutane soon and I'm soo afraid of a breakout

don't worry, spiro is very different from accutane. You don't need to be so afraid of the IB.

I have been on spiro for about 4-5 weeks now, I haven't had a breakout, but it hasn't cleared me yet either. I have had a big decrease in oil production though, and I'm only on 50mgs/day. Might get upped on mon when I see my derm. I would go on 150-200mgs if he'd let me.

What's the average dose of spiro that clears people, and keeps them clear?

OH NO.....I'm gogin on accutane soon and I'm soo afraid of a breakout

don't worry, spiro is very different from accutane. You don't need to be so afraid of the IB.

I have been on spiro for about 4-5 weeks now, I haven't had a breakout, but it hasn't cleared me yet either. I have had a big decrease in oil production though, and I'm only on 50mgs/day. Might get upped on mon when I see my derm. I would go on 150-200mgs if he'd let me.

What's the average dose of spiro that clears people, and keeps them clear?

what is spiro?

spironolactone

It's a drug given to patients with congestive heart failure.

It's also a diruetic (I think) so it makes you bee lots. :)

Using it for acne is an off label use.

It blocks male hormones from being produced in the body (or something like that), causing a decrease in oil production.

It is not recommended for males, because they need these hormones. If they take this drug, I read some where that they will start growing boobs and stuff. I beleive it is a drug that men who are pre-op for a sex change use this to grow boobs, and be more feminine.