Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brianmiddleton

Darker Skin, lasers, solution?

I had a plastic surgery appointment today in Little Rock Arkansas. The first thing Dr. Suzanne Yee said to me was that i was basically SOL. She asked me what I wanted and I said some type of laser surgery. The reason why she said I was SOL was because I am half black half korean, which means I have a darker complexion. I'm not like super black or anything... i'm like brown skinned... not dark not light. She told me that lasers would hyperpigment me. Then I asked her about Fraxel and she said that Fraxel was way too harsh...is that right? I looked at http://fraxel.com and there was a lady on there who had dark complexion like me and had it done. She said she would call around and ask about Coblation... anybody heard of that? But she said she doubted that would work also.... so basically... what i wanted to know is what can i do? I dont have any pictures of myself yet... but i'll post some up... i have some scarring and brown spots.... laser seemed to me the only FOR SURE thing that would fix me up. I've had microdermabrasion done and some lactid acid and other acid peels done but that really didn't do anything..... She also said that wouldn't work but I already knew that... Am i SOL?

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...cmd=si&img=8247

PS since i dont have any pics of myself yet... i put this link up because i have scarring similar to this. The only differences are that i dont have as much scarring and that i'm darker.