Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UGHH. KEFIR TASTES LIKE VOMIT AND IT BURNS MY MOUTH. I threw it right back up. I also could hardly ever keep coconut oil down, and threw that up all the time. I also would vomit whenever I tried to eat flax seeds.

My body hates healthy stuff. :doh:

UGHH. KEFIR TASTES LIKE VOMIT AND IT BURNS MY MOUTH. I threw it right back up. I also could hardly ever keep coconut oil down, and threw that up all the time. I also would vomit whenever I tried to eat flax seeds.

My body hates healthy stuff. :doh:

Never tried kefir. I used to eat coconut oil and flax seeds, they weren't bad.

I'm not a big fan of plain kefir. It is good when mixed with fruit though. I usually eat it mixed with applesauce and lots of cinnamon. Or you can put it in a smoothie with berries.

Am I crazy? Because kefir is one of my favourite things ever. I do add a bit of maple syrup to the plain kind, though.

Maybe yours is more sour than mine. The sourness varies with the brand.

Did you only throw up because of the taste? Or did it just not agree with your stomach?

Am I crazy? Because kefir is one of my favourite things ever. I do add a bit of maple syrup to the plain kind, though.

Maybe yours is more sour than mine. The sourness varies with the brand.

Did you only throw up because of the taste? Or did it just not agree with your stomach?

Ya, I only buy the plain kind and I love it once it's sweetened a little just with applesauce or stewed prunes, but I can't do it plain. I've also made a condiment with it by adding some cilantro, lemon and chopped red onion. I put it on dal (or kichadi) like a yogurt sauce. It would probably be good on fish.

I kinda like kefir, it's like yogurt with a little extra kick. I like it with friut and and at least a moderate amount of sugar (since it's so sour), but I find that it gives me heartburn and canker sores (the same way spicy foods and SLS in toothpaste do)....