Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried tanning whilst on Accutane? I really want to go tanning in a tanning bed because I hate being pale and I want to hide some of my red marks, but I'm on Accutane. I'd put sunscreen on my red marks and only go for a short time limit each time as to not get burned. Has anyone ever tried this or something like it? What are the real dangers of tanning whilst on Accutane other than don't get burned? Hook a kracker up.

Guest Tenshi

i can testify to that.........i keep it secret tho, coz then everyone will be down on me but if anything, i just tanned easier..i didn't get burnt and there was no irritation. i put my face under too.. im on 40mg a day 5 months now.

let me just add, u know your own body better then us..i tan quite easily and knew it wouldn't be a big deal..

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

This topic makes me cringe.

me too

i think i will go early next week, or maybe tomorrow even. i don't like going when my skin looks really bad though cos everyone in the tanning place probably thinks i'm trying to get rid of my acne. i'm so self conscious these days its not me.

i can testify to that.........i keep it secret tho, coz then everyone will be down on me but if anything, i just tanned easier..i didn't get burnt and there was no irritation. i put my face under too.. im on 40mg a day 5 months now.

let me just add, u know your own body better then us..i tan quite easily and knew it wouldn't be a big deal..

haha same with me... i'm on my 6th month and on a 40mg a day dose and i tan easily as well.

yeah i tried it too, and i think i'll keep going occasionally. honestly i just feel bad when i'm pale.

there's nothing wrong with having a slight tan. =)

ugh, i hate it how people think that just cos you go tanning then you must be an orange-umpa-lumpa. NOT true. i like having a slight tan.

There's nothing wrong with being pale.

But you can get very realistic spray on tans nowadays at tanning salons, you don't have to fry your skin to get that look.

well something like 20% of the population doesnt have the protein in their skin that reacts with that stuff, i called neutrogena when sunless tanners never worked for me. two, those things are hella expensive if you want to keep up a decent colour permanently and not jsut for a special occasion. and you'd have to go like twice a weekk. three the vast majority of people i knew who got those said they'd never do it again:fades streaky and orange after two showers. i mean maybe they had abnormally bad experiences but sunless tanning from my experience is a waste of time and money. if it works for you then great but ti doesnt work for me and i cant spend an hour a day slathering on bronzers that smell terrible and are costly. i know i know cancer is a costly hassle too but feeling ugly is a waste of your life.

I'm talking about the new professional type, not the old orange tanner in a bottle junk. I know several people who do it and the results are great. But hey, if you want to fry your skin, look old before your time, and greatly increase your chance of skin cancer, go right ahead. But i guarantee that when you're older and wiser you'll wish you could do it all over again and not tan, but it'll be too late. I hear this lament all the time.

no no that's what i meant too. spray tans AND bottle tans are both wierd. if i had excess money and nothing to fill my days i'd get st tropez tans at my spa three times a week but i dont so until then...

anyway, i appreciate your concern and although I don't know how old you are, I'm only 19 so you probably know better than me. everyone has different experiences and results from everything, its the old 'some people can eat like pigs and still be thin' thing, i mean what works for one person doesnt work for everyone.

anyway, i appreciate your concern and although I don't know how old you are, I'm only 19 so you probably know better than me.

I'm 31 and people still card me for liquor and are very suprised when they see my DOB. That's a much better feeling than what many of my friends have, they are younger than me but look significantly older.

Skin damage isn't like metabolism speed. Tanning will not "work" for anyone who is naturally pale. You will absolutely damage your skin beyond repair, and the damage will not become obvious until later. If you are naturally dark skinned you have more natural protection against UV and can get away with more exposure. Just give it some thought before you continue down this path.

My coworker just had a big chunk of flesh removed from his nose. The poor guy had to wear a big bandage for weeks and now there is still a hole on his nose. He was a lifeguard in his teens and did not even think about sunblock because he's Italian and tanned easily.