Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

Am new to the forum.

I am suffering from milde acne and want to follow Dan's regime.

I live in UK and think most of the supplies recommended by Dan are not easy to get here.

Can any one suggest what are the alternative Clenser, BP and Moisturisers I can buy here.

bp you can order off here the postage isnt dear at all its a great price!

as for moisturisers you can try boots botanics pore perfecting SPF15 moisturiser its non pore blocking etc and is a good cheap price

theres also Eucerin with 5% Urea but this has Lactic Acid in so its not a good to start off with this moisturiser wait a few weeks

as for a cleanser well ive tryed Pears Soap and Dove Soap pears dryed me out a little and Dove clogged my pores so atm im using Pears untill my order of Basis Soap arrives.

I use Oxy on the spot. It's a bit expensive but works well for me so I'm reluctant to change. It's a BP cream and is about £3.50 - £4 for a 20g tube.

I use Dove soap which is good, I got my soaps mixed up recently and couldn't understand why my skin was so dry.

I use Vaseline moisturiser which is inexpensive and works for me.

jim

I use Oxy on the spot. It's a bit expensive but works well for me so I'm reluctant to change. It's a BP cream and is about £3.50 - £4 for a 20g tube.

I use Dove soap which is good, I got my soaps mixed up recently and couldn't understand why my skin was so dry.

jim

Thanks Jim and where can I buy Oxy on the spot.I checked boots and it's not there :cry:

I have two brand new unoponed tubes of BP you can have if you are interested? Save you ordering from USA as I do not need them.

Thanks Jim and where can I buy Oxy on the spot.I checked boots and it's not there :cry:

Well maybe you should take Wahey's offer (great name by the way :) ), but you should be able to get Oxy on the spot at Boots or Superdrugs. I say should, however it is no longer on the shelves of my local Boots and Superdrug. But I found it in my local chemists down the road so you could ask for it at yours.

Or if your happy using the internet there are online chemists who'll deliver it.

jim

jim

When do you moisurize?

Say you wash in the evening, do you put your moisturizer on before/after the Oxy cream? How long in-between applications? Do you go over the Oxy with moisturized or around it?

When do you moisurize?

Say you wash in the evening, do you put your moisturizer on before/after the Oxy cream? How long in-between applications? Do you go over the Oxy with moisturized or around it?

I wash gentle with Dove. Pat my face dry with a towel, and wait a bit until I'm. I'll probably put my clothes on at this point so I don't get BP on them.

I then apply the oxy (in my case my whole face). I wait a little, 5-15 minutes, until it's absorbed. I go do something else.

I then put on the moisturiser, over my full face - where I've applied the oxy.

I do that morning and night. This is pretty much what Dan says in the Regimen.

jim