Notifications
Clear all

'Demodex' ZZ cream

MemberMember
(@touch_yourself)

Posted : 02/14/2006 10:29 am

Im currently trying out the ZZ cream from 'Demodex Solutions'.I am skeptical about these so called mites, but I will sacrafice my already 80% clear face to demostrate if their products work.

I currently order and received their ZZ cream, which cost about $41.00US (shipping included)

When the package arrived, I was giddy like a 12 year old school girl.After carefully opening the package, I took out what appears to be a small yellow box.The box bears an image of an old man and alot of chinese words.He looks very reputable, I mean with the suit and all.I lift up the flap of the box, and took out the thin piece of folded paper, which was the instructions.Beneath the instruction paper, was what appears to be a green lid on a plastic container.Wow, a plastic container of cream, look how far we've come.I take out the flimsy cheap plastic container, already feeling like Ive been duped out of 50 bucks. (Canadian)

I didnt realize the container of cream was so tiny; I mean really tiny.

Anyways I peel off the safety lid, and took a whiff of the cream; it has a very strong minty smell to it.The color of the cream is a minty green.The texture of it, does not feel like a cream, in fact it feels like hard wax, or pomade. (The stuff you put on your hair to make it hard)

First time applying it, I washed my face first with Ceptaphil Cleanser, and dried off with a paper towel.

I applied just a little of this, all over my face.The color of the cream when applied to the face is white.Then I began to notice my eyes become very irritated and stingy.I was literally crying, and had fluid running down my nose, uncontrolably.The strong minty substance in the cream was extremely strong.An equivalent of this would be like eating a chunk of 'wasabi'.

After applying the cream, my face began to have a sort of tingly, refreshing sensation, probably due to the mint.The mint is a gift and a curse!!!!!!!!!!

Next morning, I wake up at 6:00, to a dark and dreary day.I got up and stumbled to the washroom and took a long piss.Ah, I was still dreaming, half asleep.As I began to wash off my face with warm water..... I realized, this stuff was like fucken glue, so I tried washing it off with Cetaphil; no help there.I literally had to scrub harshly on my skin while running hot water for 20 mins to get all the gunk off.Great! now I have a red face.I noticed that there were 3 white heads on my nose with a little pus, that was NOT there last night.I think the cream clogged my pores.But I also noticed the pores were a bit smaller.It did nothing for my acne so far except made my face red.

So today, Ive decided to just apply the cream to my nose and nowhere else for now.

MemberMember
(@touch_yourself)

Posted : 02/14/2006 11:55 am

Update: 'ZZ' cream is officially, in my book, the fucken stupidest product, ever!

OMG!!!!!!!!! It burns, my face is now red...as hell, thanks to just one treatment of the cream.

Oh yea, a couple of new cyst too.Never had those in a long time.Thanks Demodex, for spreading your inferior products across the world!

Anyways, whos this Walter guy on the 'demodex forums' is he a dermatologist? a doctor? or a former acne sufferer? or just another businessman hoping to cash in on other people's miseries.

I have now officially stop using 'demodex' products after a record '1' tries.Yea, maybe Im overexaggerating, or maybe because I have a fucken job interview in 2 days and my face is as worse as its ever been.Bite me.

MemberMember
(@gin-juice)

Posted : 02/14/2006 11:27 pm

Haha, you made me laugh :)

Seriously though, if you want to give this product a try, then give it a fair shot. You can't expect it to work miracles in 1 day. The indications are for 3-4 months before you notice significant improvements. I guess that's more than most people can bear.....

Just to compare with you, in case you are wondering, I have been using this product for 4 weeks now, in combination with Xin Fumanling cream. I apply a decent amount of ZZ at night, and yes at first I was getting teary eyes, but lately that's not a problem any more. As well, irritation or dry skin was never too much of a problem either. I am serious, I applied as much as I wanted and never got a red face from it. Also, I usually wash for like 30 seconds in the morning with warm water, and it comes right off........

I am not saying this product works, since I am trying it out for myself. I'll give feedback in 3 months or so.. I hope you consider this product though. It would be good to compare notes down the line..

Cheers and success!

MemberMember
(@iceboi)

Posted : 02/15/2006 10:56 am

I would rather not!!

Why don't you try something similar called 101E Acne Getaway check ebay for it. I read heard positive reviews about it and it's WAY CHEAPER than this product. Plus there's a money back guarantee. I so want to use it but have to finish up using my other products before going to this one.

I slightly agree with gin I give most products 2 months for it to kick in if it doesn't then i switch.

MemberMember
(@lionqueen)

Posted : 02/15/2006 9:28 pm

I'm going to put my 2 cents in here, seeing as I used the ZZ cream for a month or so.

-- It's really good against inflamed pimples. If you dab it on a spot and don't rub it in, just leave a blob there like a mini-mask overnight, it will dry stuff up very effectively. (Sulfur and salicylic acid ... )

-- It's not for people with dehydrated or extremely sensitive skin.

-- It does zilch for clogged pores.

I can totally see how it would really help someone who has oily skin and inflammatory/cystic acne, whether or not they have mites. But for someone like me, who has sundamaged skin and clogged pores ... it was really only useful as a spot treatment. Which is how I still use it, cuz it's one of the best I've found.

Q

MemberMember
(@touch_yourself)

Posted : 02/16/2006 10:45 am

I'm going to put my 2 cents in here, seeing as I used the ZZ cream for a month or so.

-- It's really good against inflamed pimples. If you dab it on a spot and don't rub it in, just leave a blob there like a mini-mask overnight, it will dry stuff up very effectively. (Sulfur and salicylic acid ... )

-- It's not for people with dehydrated or extremely sensitive skin.

-- It does zilch for clogged pores.

I can totally see how it would really help someone who has oily skin and inflammatory/cystic acne, whether or not they have mites. But for someone like me, who has sundamaged skin and clogged pores ... it was really only useful as a spot treatment. Which is how I still use it, cuz it's one of the best I've found.

Q

Thanks, that was a really informative comment.Yes, I have extremely dry skin, and trying to rub this stuff off is hell.

MemberMember
(@righthandman)

Posted : 04/27/2012 8:54 am

did anyone continue with the cream and notice improvements?

MemberMember
(@lidial)

Posted : 02/20/2016 1:52 pm

This cream contains as I understood the sulfure and zinc and another things near it. I've been diagnosticated with demodex infestation with two years ago and the nightmare has started. I've promised myself if that something will work I will post it. I've tried everything antibiotics prescribed by doctors for 6 months...my imunity was down, my face was a mess, tea tree oil, borax...no effect to reduce the population.Than I've searched for another cure to reduce the population and to look normal again. I've read about the effect of sulfure and zinc and I've bought supliments with echinaceea and zinc (very good), also I've tooked supliments with minerals and vitamin C, E. I've searched for creams that has contains a high concentration of sulf and zinc enough to not destroy what it has remain from my skin. At the store, prepared it was a cream against acne what has contain only zinc, sulf as a dense paste. I've tried by my skin was very dry, I was looking ok(the rash has reduced)by the skin was really dry. After one week of treatmentinternaly with supliments and externally with the cream a lot of pimps has appear.I've used a smashed aspirine to reduce the irritation effects and every morning and every night I was used a mixture from : aspirine, the cream against acne and coconut oil. The efect of reducing pims, irritation until stage 0 was after two - three weeks. After 4 months I still look normal, my skin is great and ocazionaly is appearing one irritation which is disappearing from this cream. When I go outside I use a cream of solar protection above the cream prepares as above.If someone is in the domain than I suggest to study the effect of sulf against this things because is a great and miraculous thing for me. In high QTY's can burn your face so be careffoul. I learned to leave again with this things. I was in a horrible stress and suffering because of this things. Now I look great and the ingerdients mentioned above are the key. I hope that it helps you too. I wish you all the best!