Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys,

I'm fairly new to using cetaphil products, but I just have to say that I have sensitive, dry at times, little oily at times, acne prone skin and their products have been so gentle and lovely feeling for my skin. Currently I am using the cetaphil gentle cleansing bar to wash in the morning as well as exfoliate with as well as the sensitive skin moisturizer afterwards... my skin tone and texture has improved so much, my skin feels so babied! I have also used the liquid cleanser... it is so mild.. really soft feeling but too mild to remove my makeup so I can only use this if I was wearing none that day or in the morning of course. :)

What do you think of cetaphil? what has been your skins experience with any of the products? Would love to hear...

Finally, a gentle yet effective sensitive line that works! :dance:

Cheers,

A

Guest PokaHotAz

ive recently been using the cetaphil gentle cleanser like alot lately...and im starting to really love this stuff... my skin doesnt feel as dry and tight... ...feels normal after cleansing...its great

Guest PokaHotAz

so i hear... i hear the bar is great

but nah, i use the cetaphil liquidy gentle cleanser

i use an exfoliating brush and the gentle liquid cleanser. then i use the moisturizing lotion...the results are great!

Yeah, aren't they wonderful? My skin hasnt felt this nice in years...

I kinda switch on and off between the gentle cleanser and the normal/oily one. I hate the way the gentle cleanser leaves a film of cetyl alcohol over my face and in my sink or shower (anyone else notice this too??), but it's the only cleanser I've used (among "gentle" cleansers) that doesn't make me feel tight or dry after cleansing. It also eliminates the flakieness issue I have from using a combination of topical retinoids and BP (and the winter weather).....cetyl alcohol isn't too bad as far a comedogenicity goes, and it helps prevent transepidermal water loss...so I guess I can live with it....

I find the need to exfoliate every few days, because if I don't my skin kinda balls up under my moisturizer....

I either use a gentle scrub (some Neutrogena thing) or a soft washcloth to exfoliate....and I only exfoliate if I don't plan on using my retin-a micro that day since the combination is just too irritating....

Does anyone use a cetaphil moisturizer at all?

I do, I find it really makes my skin nice and soft. :)

But...I read on some thread on here that it was meant for the face..and just for the body???...

Is that true?

i started using cetaphil normal to oily skin and i like it but it's sometimes drying so ima try the gentle skin version