Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ianjohnsa2569

Get Rid Of Red Marks While On Tane

I am almost done with my 4th month of accutane and after not having a single pimple for almost a month, out of nowhere I started to get about four small ones all over my face. :( Now for some reason these pimples (which were gone in about a day or so) left behind red marks the size of a dime on my face!! What is the best way to get rid of these red marks as fast as possible while on accutane? Is there something nearly everyone agrees on as the best solution?

Thanks so much for your help...

Theres nothing you can really do while on Tane, or a little after it. Sorry to be the bearer of badnews, I just got off Tane and now letting mother nature do its thing for a few months, after words I go back to my derm for my next visit.

Guest PokaHotAz
what about gentle synthetic brush exfoliation followed by neosporin?

that would cause irritation maybe even scarring while on tane

accutane makes u very sensitive

to the original poster- have patience and stick w/ some make-up to cover up for now... something non comedogenic

if u go ahead and try treating ur marks now u will most likely regret it later on... be careful and use ur head

i use hydroquinone. the product is some acne free scar ereaser deal. not sure on its effectiveness, but my red marks have diminished enough that i really don't care about them. or else my self-esteem is just wavering.

just wear sun screen. but you should be doing that already on tane.

you may be able to experiment with a 'facial brush' they sell usually for 1-2 $ at most stores. they're very gentle and if you try a small section with cetaphil gentle cleansing bar (or whatever special cleanser you're using on tane) then that type of brush is a lot less likely to irritate your skin. definitely don't use anything stronger than that while you're on tane...let me know if you can find one. they have a small round head-you can probably google to find stores in your area that carry em..

you may be able to experiment with a 'facial brush' they sell usually for 1-2 $ at most stores. they're very gentle and if you try a small section with cetaphil gentle cleansing bar (or whatever special cleanser you're using on tane) then that type of brush is a lot less likely to irritate your skin. definitely don't use anything stronger than that while you're on tane...let me know if you can find one. they have a small round head-you can probably google to find stores in your area that carry em..

yeah that's what i'm doing.. it's not irritating at all, i feel like it helps a LOT with flakes and those little bumpy things on accutane [stuff getting pushed out of pores or whatever..lol..gross i know] and makes my skin look healthier in general. i got a free dermalogica brush last time i bought their products, really nice and soft. i use it with the cetaphil gentle liquid, and then follow with neosporin cream. seems to be working well but i've only been at it for a short time. currently i dont have any pimples but when i did i found that the brush was awesome because it brough tthem to a head faster so they went away faster. i dont seem to have any scarring from it, just redmarks from whatever i had before accutane. the pimples i had while on accutane didnt seem to leave any mark [knock on wood!].

I'm also curious about this and might experience with the exfoliation method. I've been on tane for about 5 weeks and am covered in redmarks (though they are fading slowly). I have a really great facial brush with very soft bristles. I'll try exfoliating with this once a day at night. Question though- should I use the neosporin creme or something like Emu oil, since Im on tane? Thanks :D

So exfoliation with a gentle facial brush will be fine on tane?

Also, what do you guys recommend as the best topical solution?

Vitamin E Cream? Neosporin? Aloe Vera Gel? Emu Oil?

Thanks

iev been off it like 4-5months and i still have redness all over, not really any redmarks though