Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Gosh, I'm so very sorry that your results turned out this way. It's such a crap shoot, isn't it? I just had "foolproof" punch elevations (aka floats) on teeny tiny ice picks/scarred pores, and NOT ONE of the 10 was successful; although some filled in somewhat compared to the gaping holes that were apparent immediately after the tape came off, I am now left with much larger, deeper pits than before this procedure. As you said: I'm clearly now BEHIND square 1. This is very disheartening & I honestly don't know if it was the doctor's incompetence or my skin's reaction to this kind of procedure.

I appreciate your post in that it reminds us that every treatment doesn't work for everyone & that we MUST beware and realize that there are serious risks involved in almost every treatment - one being we could end up worse for the wear. I think our stories should serve as cautionary tales: go ahead and try punch floats or fraxel at high settings or whatever else if you think this is the best course of action for you - do a "test area" first: {e.g. JUST HAVE ONE OR TWO PUNCHES AND A SMALL SECTION FRAXELED until you know how your skin reacts.} I wish I just had one deeper pit than 10! Ugh - what to do now? I'm gun shy to try and rectify this.....

Gosh, I'm so very sorry that your results turned out this way. It's such a crap shoot, isn't it? I just had "foolproof" punch elevations (aka floats) on teeny tiny ice picks/scarred pores, and NOT ONE of the 10 was successful; although some filled in somewhat compared to the gaping holes that were apparent immediately after the tape came off, I am now left with much larger, deeper pits than before this procedure. As you said: I'm clearly now BEHIND square 1. This is very disheartening & I honestly don't know if it was the doctor's incompetence or my skin's reaction to this kind of procedure.

I appreciate your post in that it reminds us that every treatment doesn't work for everyone & that we MUST beware and realize that there are serious risks involved in almost every treatment - one being we could end up worse for the wear. I think our stories should serve as cautionary tales: go ahead and try punch floats or fraxel at high settings or whatever else if you think this is the best course of action for you - do a "test area" first: {e.g. JUST HAVE ONE OR TWO PUNCHES AND A SMALL SECTION FRAXELED until you know how your skin reacts.} I wish I just had one deeper pit than 10! Ugh - what to do now? I'm gun shy to try and rectify this.....

who did your floats? in what way were they unsuccesful?

ouioui, please PM me for specific information. I am not willing to publicly post the doctor's name b/c I KNOW he is an excellent doctor - I have evidence in the form of former patient success, the BEST referral - and I like and respect him very much. I sincerely believe that MY skin doesn't respond to punches - I simply can't believe that an expert in his field doing one of the EASIEST procedures could possibly bat ZERO, as in 0 out of 10! EVERY SINGLE ONE turned out poorly. Two are, thankfully, the same with absolutely no improvement. The rest are worse; worse in that they are deeper, wider, more pronounced & are currently a darker color. The color should fade in time.....

Butterflies,

I am so sorry this has happened. Is there a reason why they were punch floated instead of punch excised? And are they still small enough to maybe try the punch excision method.

Butterflies,

I am so sorry this has happened. Is there a reason why they were punch floated instead of punch excised? And are they still small enough to maybe try the punch excision method.

Thank you, Colin. It is my understanding that SMALL ice picks respond best to punch floats/elevations, and the larger ones call for punch excision and/or grafts. The floats, because they are only done on the very smallest diameter, are supposed to be the easiest, least invasive and nearly "flawless" in their healing, even without resurfacing. I honestly don't know what happened. A guy went a week before I did and had over twice as many done & his didn't turn out too well either; although some did, so he went back this week to have a few re-done.

I don't want to hijack this thread on "fraxel beware" - but I thought it was important to point out that many procedures that are billed as completely safe with very little risk (e.g. fraxel and punch elevations/floats) are NOT ENTIRELY risk free - even if they are 99% of the time, you could still be in the one percentile that doesn't respond. We just have to hedge our bets, but even better: START CONSERVATIVE - have just ONE punch elevation and see how your skin reacts; have just a TEST SPOT done with the varying settings of lasers to see how your skin reacts before going the whole hog.

I might consider punch excisions (now that the holes aren't so small anymore) or something else a little later. I just don't know if it was the doctor or my skin that caused the problem. I suppose I could go to someone else and take my own advice and just have one punched and see where that leaves me.....ugh! Nightmare!!