Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
zavanna

VERY Dry Lips

This is my second run of Accutane. The first time I had it, I didn't get any side-effects. My skin was a bit dry, but nothing that was more than a small irritation. So doing a second run didn't seem like a bad idea. Now my lips are constantly in pain! Why? And what should I do to make it stop?

They are constantly dry, and they are cracked at the edges. I think I'm getting some sores too. Suggestions? It really hurts. I'm using some lip balm, and am trying some different brands, but nothing seems to work. And I'm going through these chapsticks *really fast*. Help!

(Hope this hasn't been asked before. New to boards.)

I used to cake on the vaseline before I went to sleep at night. On my lips and around them. I put ALOT too. Don't worry, vaseline won't break you out.

had same problems.. perhaps my lipbump suxs..

whenever i drink water, it totally washes it off..

and my lips become partially white, lol..

had same problems.. perhaps my lipbump suxs..

whenever i drink water, it totally washes it off..

and my lips become partially white, lol..

This is why I would make sure to cake it on before bed. I don't eat or drink anything in my sleep...lol

Dr. Dan's Cortibalm will heal the cracks in the corners - i've never found anything else that will. You have to ask your pharmacist to order it for you, but it doesn't require a prescription. My pharmacy can get me a tube within 24 hours. It's not moisturizing enough to use on it's own, so i put Clinique Superbalm on top. You could use Aquaphor instead of the Superbalm.

Avoid any product designed for cold sores that contains menthol, camphor, and/or salicylic acid as they can increase irritation and the SA in particular increases peeling.

Dr. Dan's Cortibalm will heal the cracks in the corners - i've never found anything else that will. You have to ask your pharmacist to order it for you, but it doesn't require a prescription. My pharmacy can get me a tube within 24 hours. It's not moisturizing enough to use on it's own, so i put Clinique Superbalm on top. You could use Aquaphor instead of the Superbalm.

Avoid any product designed for cold sores that contains menthol, camphor, and/or salicylic acid as they can increase irritation and the SA in particular increases peeling.

http://www.lovelyskin.com/details.asp?prod...ufacturer_id=64

maybe s/he can get it there if thats the same stuff

i know i always hype palmers but seriously guys it works! you can use either their original cocoa butter lotion or cream on your lips and then seal it in with vaseline if you're really dry. i find that using vaseline by itself feels good for a while then washes off and i feel worse.