Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dre0n

Weird blackheads

How do you deal with blackheads that are really deep. Like i can't see anything on my skin but i press on it like im popping a zit and stuff comes out in the form of a blackhead. They are all over my face. Ever since i started using bp like 3 years ago i guess they stopped forming into pimples. Since then i have applied bp daily. Im not too sure what to do.

Right now i wash my face twice a day and maybe wash again in the afternoon. I recently tried mixing some tea tree oil into my bp (about 1/4 of a teaspoon). I wash with Basis soap. Do a baking soda mask at night and in the morning i use some apple vinegar as a toner with the 1:5 mix.

This works pretty good but i want to know how to kill everything thats deep. I mean i cant even notice that i got stuff under a small section of my face and once i press on it i usally get something out.

BP is not very effective against blackheads, as you've discovered. It kills bacteria, but doesn't unclog pores.

Here are some acne treatments that DO unclog pores: Accutane; Retin A and other prescription topical retinoids; OTC high-retinol treatments such as Green Cream; AHA/BHA exfoliation; and -- for some -- synthetic brush exfoliation.

You could combine a topical retinoid or retinol cream with your BP regimen by using the retinoid at night, BP during the day. You do not want them on your face at the same time, and you do have to be very cautious easing into retinoid usage to avoid redness and dryness, especially since you're using BP.

I don't use AHAs or BHAs much, so I won't comment on them, but you should be able to find plenty of info in the OTC medications forum. There's also a huge thread on synthetic brush exfoliation in the same forum.

Q

I have the same problem ...BP kills everything else, but leaves behind some nasty clogged pores. It's hard to add anything else into the regimen without dousing the effectiveness of the BP. What I've found works relatively well is to apply an 8% or 10% AHA cream to the affected areas after applying my BP. The AHA is a mild chemical exfoliant, so it won't irritate your skin, and it does a pretty decent job of loosening up clogged pores.

Other than that, I have no suggestions to offer. I've got the same problems myself. :wall:

Here are some acne treatments that DO unclog pores: Accutane; Retin A and other prescription topical retinoids; OTC high-retinol treatments such as Green Cream; AHA/BHA exfoliation; and -- for some -- synthetic brush exfoliation.

Queen pretty much summed it up.