Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
h0ppy

Obsessing over acne?

Since when did being concerned about something turn into an obsession? I've dealt with acne for almost 8 years, yet she wonders why I'm 'obessed' with my skin. Hell, wouldn't anybody be fed up?! Nuevo Wavo mentioned something similar in one of his posts...

If you attempt to treat your acne, we will be appalled with your obsessing over your appearance. Why do you spend 2 hours a day carefully applying all these acne meds? I just wash my face and go, God you are so vain. And you still look like shit.

Since when did being concerned about something turn into an obsession? I've dealt with acne for almost 8 years, yet she wonders why I'm 'obessed' with my skin. Hell, wouldn't anybody be fed up?! Nuevo Wavo mentioned something similar in one of his posts...

If you attempt to treat your acne, we will be appalled with your obsessing over your appearance. Why do you spend 2 hours a day carefully applying all these acne meds? I just wash my face and go, God you are so vain. And you still look like shit.

It's not like we're getting unecessary plastic surgery done to get a chiseled jaw. We just want clear skin! Why is it so hard for people to understand acne can be a BIG issue in one's life? Why are we ridiculed for trying to control what shows up on our face and body?

LOL, remember this is coming from nuevo wavo.Chances are he's a hypocrite, and he has yet to post up a picture.

i hate it. i hate it because there are so many flaws people can change via willpower. this one, people can try a million things and not have them work. it's so ridiculously vitcimizing, i hate it.

If Nuevo meant that to us, then he's a fucking happyflowers-wrap-supreme, and I really don't give a shit if there's some hidden sarcasm bullshit twisted up in it. Shut your fucking mouth before someone has to ram their cock in it to make you quiet.

EDIT: I know what you mean, Peach. My mom complains about being fat, yet goes and eats cake. Fat + cake = bad combination, bitch. If I was fat but w/out acne, I would be ripped as fuck by now, just to prove that I can conquer a problem, but instead I'm too focused on acne, not to mention getting sweat on my face by working out.

"Vain," as understood in the conventional/colloquial sense, means that someone is obsessed with maintaining a higher-than-normal level of attractiveness... so somebody trying to look decent (i.e. me) isn't "vain."

Of course, by definition I am vain, but no more than the average person, I'd say. I don't want to be uber-sexy and perfect, I just want to look decent.

KARMA....is the best thing ever, doesn't everyone just LOVE the feeling that they get when a person that had previously bad mouthed your acne, cops a load themselves , soon afterwards ^^

why do u all hate that nuevo guy so much anyway?

i think he made a good point ther too.

anyway, i think "stress over" would be a porper term here. ppl see u stressing over your face and they link it to obsession. if u take it easy, just like a normal procedure u need to do every morning or night, without being paranoid about it, they won't even pay attention, accepting it like it is.

it worked for me: the regimen is a part of my hygiene routine, my bf, friends and family know it and don't ever bring it up. they can see i'm taking care of my acne and confident about it, so they don't care.

hope i explained myself clearly.

just don't let ppl bring u down, believe in what u do.

somehow i get this feeling i'm gunna annoy some ppl with my overpositivity but oh well..

peace brothers and sisters lol

p.s. is that a stone coming my way...?

you know how they did those "fat suits" on celebrities? they should have acne masks for people like that, so they can know what its like.

They should make a movie/documentary on acne sufferers. I think it would be a breakthrough, and we as a society, would be more understanding as a result... kinda like that movie Brokeback Mountain. It changes you.

I think often when we care less about how we look (since we cannot change it anyhow), you'll find that maybe in your eyes it starts to be better than it seems.

Maybe the stress over having acne makes the situation worse.

It's all about inner demons for me I think. Vanity could be a variable, but aren't we all a little vain? It's only our nature to be constantly comparing ourselves or bettering ourselves.

I think often when we care less about how we look (since we cannot change it anyhow), you'll find that maybe in your eyes it starts to be better than it seems.

Maybe the stress over having acne makes the situation worse.

It's all about inner demons for me I think. Vanity could be a variable, but aren't we all a little vain? It's only our nature to be constantly comparing ourselves or bettering ourselves.

in other words: lance is right :D

I KNOW THE FEELING MORE THAN YOU COULD BELIEVE..

I hate it... People don't understand what it's like unless they actually experience it themselves.. if they did.. they would understand how much acne can destroy your life and any self-esteem you wanted to hold on to..

Yeah my dad always says "You're obsessed with this hygiene/skin thing. It doesn't look too bad right now anyway"

That's after I spend like an hour in the bathroom putting fucking makeup on (I'm a guy)--I'm pretty sure he doesn't know about it though

Then he says "Why don't you just set up the appointment with a dermatologist?" According to people on here that won't help

If Nuevo meant that to us, then he's a fucking happyflowers-wrap-supreme, and I really don't give a shit if there's some hidden sarcasm bullshit twisted up in it. Shut your fucking mouth before someone has to ram their cock in it to make you quiet.

EDIT: I know what you mean, Peach. My mom complains about being fat, yet goes and eats cake. Fat + cake = bad combination, bitch. If I was fat but w/out acne, I would be ripped as fuck by now, just to prove that I can conquer a problem, but instead I'm too focused on acne, not to mention getting sweat on my face by working out.

I've never seen anyone able to use the whole gamut of sexual words and abusive language to get the point across such as you did, really I'm impressed.

i hate it. i hate it because there are so many flaws people can change via willpower. this one, people can try a million things and not have them work. it's so ridiculously vitcimizing, i hate it.

its the most frustrating part about this: we have no to little control. thats why i resent people who are overweight. if i could run 3 hours/day and it would give me perfect skin, i'd do it.