Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pokerking101

Washing my face of accutane

No matter how gentle and carefull I am when washing me face, when i get done i am bleeding all over. Is this worth washing my face? I am currently 2 months into treatment and I am still getting break outs. I really dont know what to do if i wash my face I am going to bleed and scab, if i dont I am afraid my acne will increase or just still come.

If the acne is popping when you wash your face then that's good. You aren't picking at them or popping them on purpose, right? The pimples are just right at the skin's surface and are going to pop at some point. Don't worry about it.

Use a very gentle soap designed for sensitive skin. Lather it up so gently on you face that you are barely touching your skin. Rinse it off with cool water. Also, turn down the water pressure in your shower if it is strong before washing your face in it.

As long as you are not popping or picking on purpose, you should be fine. Try not to spread the bacteria by rubbing your face dry, pat gently, and use a new towel everyday.

maybe you should just rinse your face if you feel it's necessary to wash at all. I quit washing up morning and night because it would dry me out too much. I just wipe gently with a warm wet facecloth if I get anything on my face.