Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
leetch22

Rash on back of Hands

I have a rash on the back of my hand, a common side effect of Accutane from what Ive heard. How long does this last and is there anything I can put on it. Thanks again.

I have a rash on the back of my hand, a common side effect of Accutane from what Ive heard. How long does this last and is there anything I can put on it. Thanks again.

does it itch? you could get a steroidal cream prescribed from your doctor, or you could try over the counter stuff.

I got that on my hands and arms. It's dry skin. Plenty of moisturising will take care of that.

PS. It might burn a bit at first when you moisturise.....lol

PPS. Don't use a moisturiser with perfume in it.

Had one of these pop up on the back of one hand this morning. I'm pretty good about moisturizing so i don't think it's simply dry skin. I'm pretty sure it's a reaction to a scented soap that i used at a restaurant yesterday. The spot where it's rashy is right where the soap made direct contact before i lathered it up.

At any rate, i put some hydrocortisone on it, and it's subsided a bit. If rashes on the backs of the hands don't go away easily with simple moisturization, you might want to consider what other products are in contact with your hands - your skin is more sensitive on Accutane, even to substances it otherwise tolerates.