Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Acneisenemy

what would work?

I have never had very serious acne.. but I did have a very good ammount of acne this summer.. and I've noticed that there are little indentations all over my face along with the redmarks... not so much an individual scar that bugs me but an uneveness of texture.. I was wondering.. what could I do for this? I also still get pimples every now and then.. so is there something I could use that could treat this uneveness and not break me out?

I would not do anything for another 6 months as they are probably still healing somewhat. Slightly uneven texture is hard to resolve since doing anything has the high probability of making it worse. Some people on this board have mentioned taking hylauronic acid supplements that help their rolling scars fill in. You have to keep taking them cause it's not a permanent fix but maybe this will help while you are healing.

I completely agree with Colin - if your acne was not of the cystic stripe, the probability that what you are seeing now is just irritated skin and different colored areas where the acne was - many times this creates an optical illusion of depth, but in reality you really haven't scars at all! This has happened to me before.... I don't know how your skin reacts to alpha hydroxy or any of the other milder peels, but those might help. I also ADORE RetinA & it comes in many different strengths; however, some people are allergic or just too sensitive. All of these products exfoliate, smooth and even out color and texture. Again, though, I would like to stress what Colin said about leaving things alone to let them heal on their own - I think the VERY superficial things I mentioned would be ok (provided you can tolerate them), but any MAJOR peels or abrasions or whatever would be too premature and you might make things worse. Oh, and there is a poster on here named Sassy S(something?) & she just left things alone for 6 months and now her skin is looking great - it just needed time to heal itself! Do a search on her and/or email/PM her b/c (I hope!) you are in that same boat and she can give you some tips....

I'ts been about 6 months since when I had my worst acne period.. because I am very very pale my marks take extremely long to go away.. and I think you guys are right.. some of the places I think are indentations are actually redmarks and such... they give the illusion of depth.. and I'm going to take your advice of just waiting.. because I've noticed my skin fairly irritated lately.. I'm just going to leave it a lone more or less and just let it heal.. I think this would help..

Thank you both :)