Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timmytim

side efeects of bp use

hi,

please help!

its says on the directions of oxy on the spot (a 2.5% bp cream i use):

" DO NOT use on large areas of skin or severe acne"

This seems to contadict the regimen which suggest you apply it almost like a face mask all over your face and rub it in. So far ive been using it all over my face. Do you think this matters?

Please can someone tell me if there are any side effects of doing this? Why do Oxy (Glaxo-SK) warn against doing this?

So far i am relatively happy with the regimen - only been on it a few days and its ok, some improvement. I'm just a bit concerned about any side effects.

Thanks in advance,

TIM

The only side effects i have experienced from using large ammounts of BP for long periods of time are severe flakiness and discoloration.

Still those side effects don't stop me from using BP all together scince it's the only thing I know of that actually gets rid of acne.

hahaha

i wouldn't worry too much about it.

my derm once prescribled me bP 5% with some other acid

and he told me to put it on my entire face.

and he said those OXY and neutrogena stuff are like water compare to what he gave me.

so i wouldn't worry about it.

i stopped using his medication and instead stuck to Dan's regime because his medication is just crazy

BP is the best pimple killer for me. The drawbacks is the complexion of your skin. When I use BP too much and I wash my face, my face looks badly blotchy and discolored. Plus it lightens my skin. I try to balance things out but switching up my products.

Guest fatman_uk

Yeah, nuthin to worry about... the more you use the drier your skin is, that's all... an that's simple to fix. Unlike acne.

-Gaz

BP can be a little harsh on the complexion of the skin. It makes it look so dull and flaky. Try to use aloe vera as a face mask once in a while it reverses the look that Bp gives to the skin. Use the clear pulp from the inside the aloe vera and apply it directly to your face. Leave it on all night

and in the morning you're skin will look supple, radiant, and feel soft. It always works for me. :(

hey,

thanks for the replies. guess there is nothing to worry about then in terms of side effects.

my skin is relatively clear now, been using about 1-2 fingers worth of bp 2x a day now for about 5 days. my skin feels very smooth too as ive been shaving every day and using moisturiser. so far so good.

thanks,

TIM