Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
screw_acne

breakfast for accutane takers

i usually eat eggs and hasbrowns with some fruit and juice at the uni dining hall. probably not [um definately not i mean] the healthiest thing to eat, especially on a regular basis, let alone every day! i need to modify this

any suggestions?

i heard that eggs and dairy product makes u break out , im not too sure tho

Thats a bunch of fucking crap.

I eat a yoghurt, 2 glasses of milk, and a bagel with cottage cheese for breakfast with tane and my face has never been better.

any suggestions?

Thats a bunch of fucking crap.

I eat a yoghurt, 2 glasses of milk, and a bagel with cottage cheese for breakfast with tane and my face has never been better.

So... do you think your acne is/was caused by an Accutane deficiency?

Accutane = clear skin, therefore no foods worsen acne for those who aren't on Accutane?

Worst logic ever.

Ive onyl been on accutane for a month.

A month of accutane does nothing except make your lips dry. I havent gotten an initial breakout due to my low dosage.

any suggestions?

Are you taking your dose with breakfast? If not, then it doesn't matter what you eat as far as Accutane is concerned. If you are, you just need to ensure that there is some fat in the meal to increase your absorption, poly and monounsaturated fat are the best types for your general health. I personally find it's a lot easier to take my dose with lunch since that tends to be my largest meal with the most fat.

Lunch is my smallest meal of the day lol.

Yeh basicly take it with the mean witht eh most fat.

Although i find taking it at dinner can be a bother becaus eif i ever go out during the night to eat i have to take the pills along. Theres also a chance of forgetting.

But d whats best for you.

See now your putting words into my mouth.

Did you know how long ive been on accutane ? no

Do you know how long ive been eating dairy? no

Get your facts straight.

Ask me queston before you insult me. I woudl actually appretiate it more.

I wasn't trying to insult you really, I was just pointing out that that isn't logical. From what you said, it really sounded like you were trying to say that Accutane is keeping you clear, so dairy products don't break you out, so dairy products wouldn't break someone else out.

It's just that I've seen a LOT of posts on this board using that "logic". Some people say, "The regimen is keeping me clear, and I'm eating tons of junk food, so obviously acne isn't related to diet." That makes absolutely no sense, so I just wanted to point that out.

By the way, the guy who said, "I heard that eggs and dairy product makes u break out" is the same guy who posted the original message. I think he just wanted some constructive feed back.

welll i was clear for 4 months on accutane then i started to eat cereal with milk and then next 2 days i broke out with 4 zits