Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gymrat7676

Do u think adult acne has to do with all the stuff we did when we were younger?

I have found that all the stuff i did when i was young for acne might have affected my health and actually made it worse. for example antibiotics- are really not good for u long term and may cause problems like candida and other issues that just increase acne. i noticed that when i did some internal cleansing and changed to a super clean diet, my acne went away.

just curious to see what people's thoughts were

I'm not too sure....

I never really used acne products until I developed acne, even now, I just use topicals. I took antibiotics a few times as a kid for ear infections, strep throat, and Lymes, and once for a kidney infection...but never a long course (not more than 21 days...that was the Lymes). I think the last time I took antibiotics was about 5 years ago....so I doubt I have a problem with candida (and I've even taken Diflucan a couple times) or any other issues related to taking antiboitics as a kid. I don't really believe in it candida (with the exception of localized infections)... Candida seems almost like a "theory of everything" that naturopaths and homopathic doctors use to expain every ailment....

I know I didn't treat my body very well as a teenager though. I did pretty much every recreational drug known to man as a kid...I doubt that's what caused me to develop adult acne, but I sometimes wonder if it will have any long term effects on me later in life....

I'm not too sure....

I never really used acne products until I developed acne, even now, I just use topicals. I took antibiotics a few times as a kid for ear infections, strep throat, and Lymes, and once for a kidney infection...but never a long course (not more than 21 days...that was the Lymes). I think the last time I took antibiotics was about 5 years ago....so I doubt I have a problem with candida (and I've even taken Diflucan a couple times) or any other issues related to taking antiboitics as a kid. I don't really believe in it candida (with the exception of localized infections)... Candida seems almost like a "theory of everything" that naturopaths and homopathic doctors use to expain every ailment....

I know I didn't treat my body very well as a teenager though. I did pretty much every recreational drug known to man as a kid...I doubt that's what caused me to develop adult acne, but I sometimes wonder if it will have any long term effects on me later in life....

Did you do heroin? What about crack?

I'm not too sure....

No comment...

I'm not too sure....

No comment...

Why?

Hi, Newbie here.

I'm 41 and have always had acne but not as bad as what started about 6 months ago. I wonder also If my former lifestyle had something to do with it.

Candida seems almost like a "theory of everything" that naturopaths and homopathic doctors use to expain every ailment....

Don't say that to anyone who believes in Candida, you'll cause a riot... I mentioned in passing to a friend who's very in to the whole homeopathy/naturopathy thing that I thought it was interesting that people know so little about fungi that they suggest that intake of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (brewer's/ baker's yeast) can in some way cause overgrowth of Candida albicans (thrush) is laughable - like saying that I've had the flu, which is a virus, so now, with no exposure to it, i'm going to develop mumps, which is also a virus.

Strange ;)

Have you ever been pregnant? My ex-wife was a big drug abuser and it ruined her uterus. She miscarried when we were still married and will likely never be able to carry a child to term. She mostly abused prescription drugs, especially vicodin and xanax, and was also a heavy drinker (though she had been clean and sober by the time she got pregnant).

Have you ever been pregnant? My ex-wife was a big drug abuser and it ruined her uterus. She miscarried when we were still married and will likely never be able to carry a child to term. She mostly abused prescription drugs, especially vicodin and xanax, and was also a heavy drinker (though she had been clean and sober by the time she got pregnant).

Nope. Never been pregnant. And I don't plan on it any time soon. I'm actually way more worried about an impending course of Accutane on my future fertility than I am about my past drug use. I neved did any prescription drugs. I experimented with the soft stuff like pot and acid, but I later ended up preferring the hard stuff, like heroin. I never abused alcohol or smoked cigarettes (kinda ironic). I only actively used for about 3 years, and only about a year of it was the hard stuff. I've been clean for almost nine years, and plan on staying that way.

I doubt that there was any direct link between you ex's inability to carry a child to term and her drug use. Maybe she contracted an STD, or had a runaway bladder infection that resulted in PID which can cause scarring that can effect fertility, or maybe she has a bicornate uterus or something. Pleanty of my friends who used right along with me, and used longer and harder, have perfectly healthy children now and had issue free pregnancies.....

I don't get how past drug use can damage your uterus......could you explain?

I was a HUUUUUGE drug user when I was in high school, yet managed to have a totally textbook and perfect pregnancy and labor. Of course, I had been drug-free for quite some time before hand (like at least 4 yrs).

While it could be possible your ex's past drug use had something to do w/her miscarriage, I doubt it's the whole story.