Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
stevejordan

Wrinkles Under Eyes

You'll need to give us a bit more information than that. Are you on the regimen? Have you changed any of your regular routines recently? Have you tried anything yet? And, as STEVEN1 said, how old are you?

My bad. I'm 18 and am on the regimen. Besides BP I'm using Claen and Clear Pore Cleanser and the Clean and Clear moisturizer. I've had this wrinkle problem since before the regimin which I started about a week ago. It's one line under my eye at the top of my cheek if that helps.

Guest pppapillon

I'm also concerned about this. Is this because we are not moisturizing enough?

If you moisturize a lot, you don't get wrinkles???

I now am using the hydroxy or whatver moisturizer Dan uses if that changes anything.

I think I read you're not supposed to use moisturizer or BP around eyes. Is that correct?

hey guys ,, dont u read the regimen properly ,,, u shud never use bp near eye zone ,,, if u will use there u will surely get wrinkles because bp will dry ur undereye skin ,,, so try to use bp 1 cm away from under eye skin ,,, all d best ,, and reply me too

Guest yahyah

Hi ya x the wrinkles are caused by using bp.. not necessarily putting it on too close to your eyes, but in the shower (the bp spreads over your face when washing) and sleeping, touching your face and rubbing you eyes by accident etc.

It does go away.. but only by persistently and generously applying moisturiser (an anti-wrinkle cream is good) to that area and being exceedingly careful not to get bp anywhere near it. Might take like a week tho, and can easily be upset by one 'accident'.

I mean who wants to be 18-25 with wrinkles already?

Hi ya x the wrinkles are caused by using bp.. not necessarily putting it on too close to your eyes, but in the shower (the bp spreads over your face when washing) and sleeping, touching your face and rubbing you eyes by accident etc.

It does go away.. but only by persistently and generously applying moisturiser (an anti-wrinkle cream is good) to that area and being exceedingly careful not to get bp anywhere near it. Might take like a week tho, and can easily be upset by one 'accident'.

I mean who wants to be 18-25 with wrinkles already?

keep the bp away from the eye area!!! when you moisturize, moisturize around the eye area first. then moisturize the bp areas so no bp gets mixed with the moisurizer and gets to your eye area because bp will cause wrinkles that won't go away.

Those aren't real wrinkes, as in they aren't caused by the brerakdown of the collegen/elastin matrix deep in the dermis. They are caused by a dehydrated stratum corneum (upper epidermis, top layers of the skin). When the epidermis is dehydrated, skin cells can't shed properly and just hang out on the surface of the skin. Eventually they accumulate on the surface of the skin and when you smile or squint cracks appear in this layer of dead skin cells in ares you will see expression lines when you get older.....they are only temporary....they will go away if you cut back on the BP (but then you could risk breaking out again)

The wrinkles you see are just caused by surface dryness. An inevidable side effect of using ezcessive amounts of BP.....